Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2002 11:08:21 AM EDT
Well, I am finally going to break down and replace several old padded rifle cases which have seen better days.  Who makes the best quality "Tac" style padded cases for carbines and 20" AR's ? I have seen the galatis and my concern with them is having the zipper on the bottom. Do these cases have straps or some other device inside to hold the rifle in place ? I know it probably would never happen, but I would just DIE  if I was strolling along to the range and my rifle dumps out on the ground !!!
Also, do you prefer soft or hard cases for your prized rifles ?  So how about sharing your opinions !!
Thanks
SPECTRE
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I plan on getting Pelicans for hard cases to use when traveling.
For soft cases, I really like Blackhawks discreet cases. They are square, so they dont look so much like a rifle case, they have the mag pouches etc on the inside, and they have straps on the inside to strap the gun in. Plan on getting a few soon as money allows.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll have to agree with Hawkeye, the best case I have found in the Blackhawk Discreet Weapons Cases. Well made with a lifetime warranty. The outer pocket is lined with velcro so you can attach and of the modular accessories that BH sells.

I bought three of these from Botach about two months ago.

www.botachtactical.com/blachawdiswe.html

Unfortunatley, it looks like they the price has risen significantly since then. $62.00 then for a CAR-15 Case to $94.00 today is a pretty hefty jump.

And before the flaming starts I'll just say that I made two orders within a two week period and received both orders in less than 7 days with no problems what-so-ever.

-xm
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
For a soft case - going from safe to car trunk to range - I like the Eagle brand cases.

For travel, Pelican is hard to beat.

For my transferable Machine Guns, only Zero Halliburton; the cost of the case pales next to the cost of the gun. Might as well get the best protection.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the top of the line Galati's. The zipper is stiff when new but they break in quick. They have a padded shoulder strap (detachable), large side pocket, and mag pouches (4 on the tactical, 5 on the full size).

IIRC, this site offers Galati's with the AR15.com logo.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO the Galati are the way to go for padded carrying cases. I have four in different sizes.

And your rifle WON'T fall out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Galati.  I have one for each of my AR's.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Galati !!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have five Galati's and one King case (which I think is also made by Galati). Your rifle will definately NOT fall out!!!. I haven't seen a better built soft case yet.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I use the Eagle Industries Discreet Case, which I got from Bushmaster for $79. It's similar to the Blackhawk case, but may be an inch or two longer.

www.eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=76

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/accessories/dc-car-15.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top