Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 8:03:25 PM EDT
I picked up a Ruger SP101 .357 W/ported barrel and Hogue grip for $200 from a friend.
He's having a baby and he needs cash so I bought it from him.

Sweet shooter.
This actually made total sense for me.
1. Wanted Revovler.
2. Need a carry weapon.
3. Wanted a Magnum round

Fits the bill.

What you guys think? Deal or not?

Edited to say It's the 2 1/4 barrel
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
All I have to say is I hope I never become one of those poor guys who has to sell a gun because he's having a kid.  I've been blesses thus far.

Great deal, I would have jumped on that myself.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Did I mentoned that it also came with 50 rounds of PMC, Box of hydroshock, holster, and gun case?

I also bought his brand new Sony Flatscreen 32" for $600.

That was an even better deal, my TV died last month, good things come to those who wait.

People have kids, what can I say.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Nobody cares.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Good Deal, I love it when Broke People have Kids. They start selling everything and people like us start getting Guns, TV's, Welders and ever cars for Really cheap.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife is due any day now, actual due date is July 19....I just BOUGHT a new Bushmaster!

Sounds like you got a hell of a deal.
Our company fell on some hard times recently (like most companies) so a lot of guys were selling crap at ridiculous prices to try to pad thier bank accounts....I picked up a Mossberg 835, and a Rem 870 wingmaster.....350.00 for both.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I picked up a Ruger SP101 .357 W/ported barrel

Ported barrel on a .357 Magnum?  Yikes!  You will be selling it one day to buy a hearing aid.  Hope you never need to fire it without hearing protection...

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Solid buy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ported barrel on a .357 Magnum?  Yikes!  You will be selling it one day to buy a hearing aid.  Hope you never need to fire it without hearing protection...

TRG

You know, I said the same thing until I actually shot it.
It's not any louder then the AR.

Muzzle flash at night wasn't any worse then most +P .45's.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

You know, I said the same thing until I actually shot it.
It's not any louder then the AR.

Muzzle flash at night wasn't any worse then most +P .45's.

With full power .357 mags?  Hmmm...  My friend has a 357 with a 2 1/4 inch barrel.  Huge flash, huge boom, leaves blow in front of it at 10 feet!

I have owned several 357 mags over the years and they were all LOUD as heck!  YMMV.

Of course, I have another friend who is a former SAW gunner for the Marines.  .223 is not very loud to him either.  Go figure.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Well sure there loud!!
I agree 100%

I'm just saying it's not any worse then some higher-end .45 rounds.

If I ever shoot this weapon without ear protection, it will be saving my life.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My wife is due any day now, actual due date is July 19....I just BOUGHT a new Bushmaster!

If your due date is correct, your new son (or daughter) will have the same birthday as me! (congrats on your new baby when he (or she) is born)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top