Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 7:58:22 PM EDT
I can't decide on what AR upper to get. I have it narrowed down to the DPMS Super Bull 16 inch Barrel Assy, or the American Spirit 16 inch Flattop with a Harris bull barrel. The DPMS does have a great barrel, but they don't offer an option to put a front sight on the barrel. What happens if your scope breaks? The American Spirit offers a Picatinny rail on the barrel, but that DPMS is hot. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the DPMS - for customer service reasons alone!

I've never dealt with ASA personally, but have been around long enough to know that their track record of making customers happy isnt the top priority. Try and do a search on 'ASA' to perhaps read up on the 'experiences' of fellow AR15.com'ers.

BTW - a company called 'FAC Wholesale' www.gunsnstuff.net (763-780-8780) does in fact sell bull barrel front site housings. Not sure of the exact dimensions of the DPMS barrels but here's the info in FAC catalog:

"Bull Barrel Front Site - Fits bull barrels and others. Check out the new site. It was designed and manufactured to fit the larger bull barrels on the market. Has .936 diameter hole vs. the standard A1/A2 sight with .750 diameter hole. Made from 8620 steel" Product number BL-18B - $44.49
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldnt worry about the front sight so much.  You can get the 3 rail gas block from bushy and get the flip up sight.  They look great.  I'll be adding it to one of my projects down the road.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I had DPMS put a 4-rail gas block on my 20" Bull. I also bought the front site from them.

DAMNN GOOD BARRELS!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top