Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 1:59:28 PM EDT
It says:

In reference to your inquiry on serial # L0430XX our records show this reciever was manufactured on November 22 1993 prior to the enactment of the 1994 assault weapons ban. This lower was assembled and sold to a dealer as a pre-ban rifle.

WooHoo!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmm, a letter such as this, posted here, in it's entirety could prove "usefull"  
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you have to write Bushmaster to get that letter?  Or is it enough to call their number?  I have a 55xxx I wanted to authenticate.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
My boss got a Bushmaster at a local pawn shop and it was in preban configuration when he purchased it.  I called Bushmaster for him to see if the rifle was a preban and the rep at Bushmaster told me that everything under #50,000 was preban.  Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did you have to write Bushmaster to get that letter?  Or is it enough to call their number?  I have a 55xxx I wanted to authenticate.

I called them, 1-800-998-SWAT they verified it for me right over the phone, and sent me the letter for free..

I think everything under 62000 is preban, but only about half of those left the factory as complete rifles. So I would definatly verify the serial # with Bushmaster before I bought one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Good job MAHABALI!!

Let the customizing begin.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Uhhh....

It's Sunday....

Increased service delivery is why stamps are going up?

Oh yeah, I didnt even thnk of that, I harldy ever check my mail, so it must have come friday or Sat.  But I didnt go check my mail till today.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Just called Bushmaster -- confirmed preban AR shorty.  Woohoo!

Not a bad trade for a Marlin 336!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Pre-Ban is pretty cool, huh?
COOLER than that would be NO-BAN!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Pre-Ban is pretty cool, huh?
COOLER than that would be NO-BAN!!!

very true!!   we need someone to go lobby when it is gonna sunset so they dont put it back into play.  they need to put it such as this, "take a standerd post ban ar15.  its job is to shoot stuff.   now take a standard "preBan" ar15.  its job is also to shoot.  the flash suppressor and bayonett lug and folding stock isnt gonna change how the weapon operates.  therefore this law is a waste of time, energy and money."  then the people will ask, "then why do you want it so much?"  in responce our guy would say, "its all about style.  or some collecters like all the accessories for their weapons. the accessories dont make the gun shoot."

besides, the constitution says, keep and bear arms.  not keep and bear arms of a certin type. and it is unconstitutional to say what accessories i can and cant have on my weapon.  at least in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#10]

I think everything under 62000 is preban, but only about half of those left the factory as complete rifles. So I would definatly verify the serial # with Bushmaster before I bought one.

I once had a lower in the 60,xxx range.  Bushmaster verified that it was manufactured prior to the ban but that it wasn't sold until January of 1995 =  POSTBAN!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#11]
For anyone dreaming the ban won't be renewed, imagine any politician -- senator, representative, president -- risking facing accusations they they are soft on crime and don't support a ban on "assault weapons."  Unfortunately, to the uneducated masses, "assault weapons" are universally a bad thing.  It's only the gun savvy who know what a crock the term is -- yes, my AR15 is so much more dangerous when you can put a sharp pointy knife on the end.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations. Be sure to install all of the "bad" features that you are allowed to put on your gun. It will be fun.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#13]
The LAST pre-ban Bushmaster was serial# 62999.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
For anyone dreaming the ban won't be renewed, imagine any politician -- senator, representative, president -- risking facing accusations they they are soft on crime and don't support a ban on "assault weapons."  Unfortunately, to the uneducated masses, "assault weapons" are universally a bad thing.  It's only the gun savvy who know what a crock the term is -- yes, my AR15 is so much more dangerous when you can put a sharp pointy knife on the end.

Lets be optimistic about it, ok?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's actually not in the interest of anyone who has preban rifles to be optimistic.  With a preban worth $1500-$2K and up, I have no interest in ending the ban that creates the artificial shortage and corresponding pricing, immediately causing the value of your cherry preban specimen to fall below the value of a newly made rifle.  Much as I don't want the 86 machine gun ban reversed, even though it makes class 3 collecting very expensive.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh, and Phil, I disagree with you about a gazillion percent. I have a few prebans and I paid more than I would have liked for them. Though I too find the chances of such happening quite slim, I pray for the day the ban sunsets despite the fact that an end to the ban would mean these rifles losing their monetary value. I didn't buy them for their value, I bought them because they are better weapons than a post ban (flash suppressor!). Every law abiding person should have access to these features, not just those who can or choose to pay for them. Sheesh, this should not be about the perceived value of a gun!
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's actually not in the interest of anyone who has preban rifles to be optimistic.  With a preban worth $1500-$2K and up, I have no interest in ending the ban that creates the artificial shortage and corresponding pricing, immediately causing the value of your cherry preban specimen to fall below the value of a newly made rifle.  Much as I don't want the 86 machine gun ban reversed, even though it makes class 3 collecting very expensive.

Well aren't you a selfish, elitest .

Is there anything else in our Constitution that we could alter to make it more profitable for you?  We're fighting for our 2nd Ammendment rights tooth and nail and your looking at the bottom line.

What a
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top