Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2002 10:32:51 AM EDT
what is it ?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#1]
It's what wannabees do to waste ammo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#2]
its where you pull your rifle into your trigger finger and the rifle fires then recoils then falls back on the trigger and causes a reaction of fire (very fast fire) I can only do about 6 or 7 at a time i am not very good at it, it is fun but pointless. I like the sound it sounds like a full auto.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Never tried it myself; only because I'd probably get booted from the range if I did.

members.aol.com/bishop042/bump.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#4]
It's fun when you first learn to do it. After a few times you realize that it's pointless and silly. Then you teach as many people as possible to do it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
The best bump firing I've seen is to put your thumb through the triggerguard and into your pants pocket. Adjust so your thumb is pulling to the rear on your pocket. With the other hand on the foregrip pull slightly forward. The object is to keep your thumb immobile. When the rifle fires it will naturally move slightly rearward, your forward pressure with the foregrip returns the rifle forward and against your "Trigger Thumb" and fires the next round. You acheve "fullauto" with inertia. Runs through a lot of ammo quickly.

It seems AKs and Mini 14s bump best, I did get my FAL to do 5 or 6 rounds though.

So drfcolt, does this "tarnish gun owners" more than your skull and cross ARs? Is that a USPS hat on it too?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Scott, bump-firing is what us guys who live in non-NFA states do to satisfy our full-auto urges legaly.

Markm and drfcolt, go re-produce with eac hother.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
i have bumped a bit, so i am a wannabe, a loser, or a fool, wow, it feels good to be part of ar15.com, where the gun enthusiast can be slammed
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i have bumped a bit, so i am a wannabe, a loser, or a fool, wow, it feels good to be part of ar15.com, where the gun enthusiast can be slammed

Bump-firing has no place in the world of a gun enthusiast.

Anyone who gives fuel to the anti's cause is a wannabe-loser-fool. Wear the label if you must.

And only God knows what damage your doing to the NFA community.

Lighten up, Francis!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Anyone who gives fuel to the anti's cause is a wannabe-loser-fool. Wear the label if you must.

Bullshit. Get off your fucking high horse.

It wouldn't make any difference if we switched to Daisy Red Riders, the antis would still want them. It isn't about guns, it's about power.

As for bumping, it's a blast. It's your ammo, your gun, as long as you do it safely, bump on.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Good, because you were beginning to look pretty foolish.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good, because you were beginning to look pretty foolish.

No, next time you bump-fire, video it.

We'll see who looks foolish.

I don't even know how to bump fire.  I, unlike you, don't feel it is neccessary to demean others and personally insult them if they do.  Your attitude about this is quite telling.  If someone is enjoying something in a safe manner, why is it any business of yours?

Why does anyone need to bump fire?  Well, why does anyone need NFA weapons?  Sound similar?

Jump off your high horse and join the rest of us in the real world for a while.  You might even make some friends.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
OK, I give up.

BTW, when your done "dumping" your next mag, just look around and see the people shaking their heads and walking away.

No heck, what's wrong with me. Probably the crowds watching the MP5's and M16's will come running over to you and ask if you'll teach them to "bump".

I know a few of the head shakers:

They shake their heads that I own over 10 mags for my ARs and that some of them are 30 rounders.

They shake their heads that I own a rifle that can shoot less than 1.5"s at 300 yards and that I enjoy killing pests.

They shake their heads that I bought 15 round factory magazines for my Glock19.

They shake their heads that I even own ARs and Glocks.

"Why do you need that" they ask. I tell them I am trying to be the most lethal boy on my block.

Fuck 'em

And teaching the bump was quite the pastime at Bulletfest. Go try it, you might actually like it. It's a blast.

(Editted for maturity level)
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump firing is fun...when the ammo is available.  Wannabee?  Wannabee having some fun?  Try bump firing.  Garauntee you'll smile.  To each their own I guess.

I'll confess however, when I bump fire, I always make sure to do it in the morning, as to not scare away the mailman when he makes his route.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Dude if you want to do something fun, then do it.  Don't worry about the "anti's."  How many anti's will be at a gun range to see you bump fire anyway?  Zero.

I have never done it but if you want to do it, great.  Have some fun.  Anyone who calls someone who bump fires a wannabe is a loser.  It is their ammo and their weapon, stop trying to be a tough guy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Friends don't let friends bump!

coyote3
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Friends don't let friends bump!

coyote3

lol i let them.   just not with my stuff!  
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't have a problem with bump-firing per se. I've done it a couple of times, and while I found it a little cute, it's underwhelming compared to firing off an actual full-auto, and it's more for firing off in a random direction than actually trying to hit anything.

Honeslty, I don't think it's all that safe, but if you do lose control of the rifle and your finger is off the trigger, it won't fire.  Still, you're not operating the rifle the way it's intended...  I wouldn't do it with something that isn't a semi-version of an otherwise full-auto (i.e. AR, AK...  not a Remington 7600 or Browning BAR-II)

If you blow your hand off, I'll laugh at you.  

If you hurt someone else acting like an assclown, I hope you burn in hell.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd like to start off by saying that drfcolt is just our friendly neighborhood cocksucker..LOL Don't listen to that idiot. He's the type of fool that spends $5000 on one fullauto just to dump a full 30rd mag in 3 seconds.

I can do that with a $500 dollar gun using the bump method. Plus I have $4500 left to spend on something else. What a fagget drfcolt is. Anyhow, I've gotten it down to an exact sience and I'm just as accurate bumping a semiauto rifle from the hip as anyone else is using a fullauto rifle shooting from the hip.

I've used the bump method on alot of my assualt rifles. Its a load of fun as long as your doing it in a safe environment. I own 35 acres of land and I have a nice range set up where I shoot.

So try it out and have a blast. Oh and did I mention drfcolt is a cocksucker?? LOL
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
.... its what posers and losers do to tarnish gun owners in the eyes of the public..... when your done "dumping" your next mag, just look around and see the people shaking their heads and walking away.

Sounds like someone is a bit overly sensitive and a bit embarassed to be a gun owner.  Even if you are a good little boy the gun grabbers will still come after your toys.  

Who do you hang with? Shotgunners who listen to the empty promises of the gubinatorial candadates. "Oh we aren't after YOUR guns."  You guys elected tom ridge and he's not a friend to any gun owner.  These same will people believe hillary was a duck hunter.  You may also believe the state police will tear up their gun registry.

You may not like bump fireing.. that's ok.  Nobody is making you do it.   Bumpfiring a weapon that to begin with had a full auto feature is not going to hurt the weapon.  It will get hot.

A person, state, or government going after your rights is told no in the most forceful manner necessary... You don't debate them, you don't give them an inch, and you slap (how you do it is up to you) them every time you get a chance.  The democrats need to be slapped very hard in the next election, they have done more to repress the rights of the individual than any party in the history of this country.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#20]
It is select fire for a Hillbilly.  
A waste of ammo.
A poor substitute for an automatic weapon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Bet it won't be long now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]

If you are in a safe location, with safe, experienced shooters, and have lots of ammo, and a rifle you don't mind abusing... Go for it... It's fun!

I have tried it a few times with my AK, but I prefer actually hitting the target with my AR utilizing aimed shots.

If I lived in an NFA enlightened state, I would buy an M16. Not having that luxury however, bumping can be a fun substitute.

There is room in the firearm community for all kinds of shooters. From anal highpower shooters to beercan shooting weekend warriers and all shades between. If it's safe, and legal, have fun.

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:02:51 AM EDT
[#23]
the whole problem here is that others think it is cool to demean people, that is why the anti gun people will win, and as long as we keep attacking each other we will not be unified, and strong enough to stop the attacks on our rights, hmmm, we divide ourselves because someone wants to do the bump, we offend each other like it is a game, "a brother offended is harder to win than a strong city" hey, as long as we keep dividing, and bickering amongst ourselves, the anti's will win, when we grow up, and become one voice, we will be an overwhelming force
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I do not do it myself but to each his own.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I've done it, and it is fun.  

I have also shot many NFA weapons and they are JUST AS INNACURATE on full auto as bumping.   Sure, your first shot is aimed, but the next rounds just fly right over the target and hit as randomly as bumped fire.

Tactically, clearing a house, I would not recommend bump firing to get the badguy, but on the weekend, as a cheap alternative it is a real kick in the pants.

Now for the rant.

Who thinks they have the 'right' to tell others what is acceptable, or unacceptable firearm use?  Gunsnobs really get under my skin.

Real hunters use iron sights...An honest man doesn't need more than 10 rounds...Semiautos shotguns have no place in wing shooting...Over and under is the only real trap gun...Unless you can shoot offhand at a paper plate at 200 yards you aren't a shooter

A snob is a snob is a snob....

"Knowing that you took all of the BS that the government can thow at you and still get one of the greatest prizes of gun ownership - a registered machinegun."

How about this... using the bump is another way to 'get one of the greatest prizes of gunownership...cyclic rate of fire!'

I saw a shooter this weekend, one of the best shots (#4 in the world BTW), and a man I admire, bump fire his AR... and he was good!

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I have tried it. It was cool. I don't make a habbit of it. In MI, you can't own a MG and the bump fire is about as close as you can get. I have only bump fired on a large pice of private property with no one around. So what of it? To each his own. I can't own a MG, it is not my fault.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Scott, bump-firing is what us guys who live in non-NFA states do to satisfy our full-auto urges legaly.

will do.

you go enjoy the genitalia of a sweaty african american guy!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#28]
drfcolt, pull out! you've underestimated the quantity of retards you're up against.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
drfcolt, pull out! you've underestimated the quantity of retards you're up against.

riiiiight.  We are retarded because we find a firearms trick amusing.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

will do.

you go enjoy the genitalia of a sweaty african american guy!!!

Intersting that you would use a racial pejorative in your reply.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Settle down now CHILDREN. No more name calling ! ! !........
................thought I'd get that in before this gets locked
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Who you calling a child, SGB?  Is that a cartoon character depicting reckless firearm use in your sig pic?  Huh?

Nah, just kidding.  Just wanted to twist your tail prior to the thread lock.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Why you little....  DOH!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Why you little....  DOH!

Heheheh  

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey didn't anyone tell you guys?  The AR-15 and other 'assault weapons' were *designed* to be "spray-fired from the hip."  At least that's what a million moms told me...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I've seen full autos run away until they either ran out of ammuntion or the feed mechanism was removed. When I was in the Army they would often chain down the barrels of M2 machine guns at the firing range to prevent excessive elevation if the weapon should run away.

When bump firing, the weapon simply stops firing as soon as things get the least bit out of control.

Which do you think is safer?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#37]
yes, its a waste of ammo
yes, its not that accurate
yes, ITS FREAKING FUN TO DO!!!
and it is not any safer or unsafer than shooting normally.

when i bump my bushmaster m4gery it is quite controllable and i can get em all into a nice area that can be measured in yards at 100+ yards

it bumps at about 600rpm :D

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#38]
drfcolt

From reading your post's in the begining I was gonna call you a pompus ass. But you seem to have settled down so your just an ass right now.

TheRedGoat showed me how to bump fire ! (Thanks again Goat) and I have almost reached God status by
being able to bump fire numerous other guns as they are handed to me.
Im still no RedGoat, but Im gaining on him.

But most important, I pass on the knowledge to every single
person who wants me to show them how.

That being said, full auto will always be better. To those who have stated this
in this thread, I say NO SHIT !!!!
But until we surrender our finger prints and sign up,
pay a hell of a lot of money, We do the next best thing.
And the next time I do, I will do it in memory
of all the stuck up pompass asswipes out there
who look down on it.

Do The Bump and do it all the live long day

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#39]
PRACTICE SAFE BUMPING!!!!!!!!! You will only become a great bumpfire master when you can bumpfire a ruger 10/22 like me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Hmmmm, first it was

Quoted:
.... its what posers and losers do to tarnish gun owners in the eyes of the public.

------------------------

People in public making fools of themselves trying to make a semi act like a full-auto does nothing but further the anti's cause.

-------------------------

Then somewhere around your eighth reply to thread you finally morph you flimsy attack into a rant about safety. Yeah, right.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The weapons on a military range are in a controlled environment and are being monitored by professionals that are expecting run-aways and have contingences set-up for them. On the battle-field, if a weapon runs away, that comes with the territory.

Some kid trying to bump-fire around a bunch of his friends because he saw someone else do it is another matter. Things could get out hand real quick.

It's that last round before things get so out of hand that the finger comes off of the trigger and the firing stops that does the damage.

You're skirting the issue and comparing apples to oranges. My point was that full autos can and do run away. Much more frequently than do their semi-auto counterparts. I would say that despite their fantasies, most civilian machine gun owners hardly qualify as trained professionals.

I'd rather see that kid have his semi-auto stop bump firing than see him have to deal with a runaway full auto.

If you are so genuinely concerned with safety, you should be discouraging the private ownership and use of fully automatic weapons.

How many of us replying to this thread do you think are "kids"?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Is it really that much more of a waste of ammo
than full auto?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#44]
yeah, well i can bump fire a barret 50 cal .
SO BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#45]
My signature says it all.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm a 34 year old kid that enjoys bumpfiring once in awhile...

Right now I'm waiting on BATF to send my paperwork back, so I can take possession of my first "real" machinegun and suppressor...(MAC-11 w/Bowers can)
I will be buying an M-16 and a Gemtech M496D in about 2 months...
Until then, I will continue to enjoy bumpfiring with the SAME accuracy as a "real" full auto...
(I can bumpfire from the shoulder too)

I'm not 'gonna shoot flames in anyones direction, but I personally don't care for the condescending attitudes that seem to come with some class 3 owners...

'sorta reminds me of the Corvette owner attitude...

"I'm better than you are because I own a Corvette, and you don't"
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't have a problem with bump firing.
as long as it's done into a big back stop. Like an earth mound or pit for example.

Sometimes ya just get tired of slow precision shooting.  If you do as safely what's the problem?

I also am familiar with the gun snobs and hunting only types.
All i have to say about those people is
a closed mind is an empty mind

oh and killingmachine123,  

I feel it is my duty to inform you,
In Michigan machine gun ownership is quite legal. Michigan is what is called a C&R state

Meaning if an mg is listed on the ATF's C&R list ownership is legally possible for us peasants.
The only two major pain's are getting a sign off from the local CLEO and manditory possesion of a valid C&R FFl.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#48]
here is a runaway MAC: http://1919a4.com/gca/blooper-walter-m11-runaway.mpg (1.1 MB).

Look at the joy these 2 guys are having:
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/bump2.wmv
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#50]
And with elitist snobbish holier than thou attitudes like yours I am sure that we will see all firearms rights lost.
Get off your fucking high horse, if someone wants to play and it is FUCKING LEGAL to do the bump (like it is at the gun club I belong to) then why in the fuck should you care?
Or as them guys say, “why would anyone need a machine gun? That’s a waste of ammo. You can’t use a machine gun to hunt with. No one needs a gun that can shoot so many bullets.”

Think what you want to think. I’ll be bumping this Fourth of July.

Quoted:
And with attitudes like yours, WA will never see NFA weapon ownership restored!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top