Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 8:52:26 AM EDT
Saw what appeared to be a clip-on front sight on an 870 that consisted of about 2 inches of 1/8 inch diameter clear yellow plexiglas. Seemed awfully good for a quick snap shot...
a la "whatch the front sight". Anyone familiar with this? pros/cons ?       Stay safe
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I snapped one on the short barrel for my 870 and like it.

It does seem to shoot a little low though. I think it's because of the larger size of the bead. Shouldn't be much of a concern from "across the room" range. Center of mass will still be center of mass.

These really pick up the light, but you have to have some light to pick up. In total darkness, or pretty close to it, they aren't any better than the standard brass bead already on the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you Troy, et al. That's the one I saw.
Now why don't they make a model with a bit of glow-in-the-dark tritium underneath to illuminate it in any light conditions? Stay safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top