Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2002 3:30:14 PM EDT
just trying out the picture hosting here..

this is my M1A with a paint job I did myself with milspec spraypaint.  I just took the stocks off and removed the metal and went at it with the paint.

ok, by request:

right side w/mag:

left side w/mag:
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks great. What do you mean by milspec spray paint. Is that the standard issue camo paint that we kept in the paint locker behind the barracks?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice job
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the stuff I use on my MV..

www.aervoe.com/aervoe/shopping/PaintsAndCoating/Military_Detail.asp

I used:

990 Woodland Green
999 Earth Brown
and Flat black
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Good job! Much better than most of the fashion over funtion "proffessional" jobs displayed here recently.

Your camo correctly used large blotches of color to break up the outline of the rifle. Next time consider doing it with a mag inserted in the mag well of the stock.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks really good, nice job.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
... Next time consider doing it with a mag inserted in the mag well of the stock.

shucks, t'wernt nothin'... (thanks)

umm, paint or photo w/ mag?

I thought it was purty neat so I took a pic before putting it into the safe... I can have it out and photo w/mag in no time!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#7]
added pics with mags...
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
looks great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top