Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2002 1:36:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:51:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a preban semi M11 which I sold off to help pay for another full auto M11.  The semis are ok, as long as you don't expect too much from them.  For me, the fact that Sara Brady and Diane Fienstein didn't want me to have it was enough to get me to buy one.

They're big, heavy (as pistols go), not terribly accurate, but they do look cool and they are fun.  If you look at what else is available in that same category of oversized pistols which were really designed to be machinepistols or SMGs, the M11 is probably the best deal going.  Not nearly as expensive as an SP89 or SPP, and much more reliable than a Tec-9.  The other nice thing about the M11 is parts and mag availability - the things are built like tanks, but parts and mags are still fairly inexpensive and made domesticly so you don';t have to worry about a foriegn parts supply drying up.  Also lots of nice accessories and conversions available.  I think Bill Flemming has started making his .22 kit again, and if you get the pistol I believe you can do like Thompson/Center and get a carbine kit for it (I'mnot 100% sure, but I don't see why not in light of Thompson/Center).  Here's one of my SMGs - I think you could do basicly the same with just a 16" barrel instead.

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:06:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It's an OK 9mm plinker. I've got one in the safe I haven't fired in about 3 years (100 round Calico is more fun as a 9mm rifle).

If you're really interested I'll sell it to you for  $275 but that will also include 3 or 4 converted Berretta 20/25 round mags for it along with the 12 round Zytel. If you want to go $325 I'll toss in 3 Cobray 32-round Zytel mags, too.  It's a rifle, so shipping and insurance shouldn't be too much.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Had a preban, after a break in of a couple hundred rounds it ran perfectly, 30 rounds mags were cheap. A friend wanted it more than I wanted to keep it. Big ugly heavy range toy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#4]
In my neck of the woods, my cobray is considered a pistol not a rifle.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In my neck of the woods, my cobray is considered a pistol not a rifle.

I was going to raise a question but you're in Michigan.  Doesn't the measuring occur with the stock folded there?  

Incidentally, the postbans shouldn't be an issue.  They have a 16" barrel and a fixed stock.  It's an odd looking rifle, but good enough for general plinking.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine owns a strip mall,all the stores next to it are owned by his father-in-law.  Some dude came into his store and sold him a cobray  9mnm pistol for 200.00 he bought it.

Took a phone book put it against the wall loaded twenty rounds in it ,jacked back the nut slide and fired at the phone book.  Before he could get his finger off the trigger he shot up the phone book walked a line of 9mm shells up his plexcy glass window and out the top of his ceiling tile!

He asked me what should he do with this full auto gun? I told him that unless he could find the guy  that sold it to him,and get his money back he should take it apart,  Throw half of it away on monday the other half away on thursday.

Well He was cool and did just that!  But even if you did have a liccense to have one,why?

Bob  
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple pre-ban M11s and a pre-ban M10/45. They are heavy, reliable tec9s... that's it in a nutshell.

Admission Cost = very, very cheap
Durability = brick
Accuracy = poor
Heat Bleed = heat up like an oven
Weight = boat anchor
Capacity = more than enough to finish the job
Appearance = evil
Accessories = buttloads

All those things = fun +/- gun control freak's worst nightmare.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of these replys are great!LOL!  I saw one in semi auto at the local pawn shop last week, he wanted $550 for it used! I laughed in his face and told him I hope he didnt buy it,Cause its worth $300 tops. Turned out he did! and it even had a neutered mag in it (10 rnds!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top