Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2002 11:21:03 PM EDT
Im referring to the ad in shotgun news. Us army program sells from federal arsenals. All u.s. citizens can purchase 5 per year. You gotta send $5 to Macdill Air Force Base in tampa,Fl. for instructions, application. Anyone have any experience with this? How were the rifles? Cost? Time to get rifle in hands?
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the CMP to me.

www.odcmp.com

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Im referring to the ad in shotgun news. Us army program sells from federal arsenals. All u.s. citizens can purchase 5 per year. You gotta send $5 to Macdill Air Force Base in tampa,Fl. for instructions, application. Anyone have any experience with this? How were the rifles? Cost? Time to get rifle in hands?

Skip sending the money and just hit up the website Gloftoe mentions.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
If you call them, Civilian Marksmanship Program will send you their free full color 2002 23-page product catalogue of their Garands, M14-parts,  offering and other nick-nacks, etc. Phone 888/267-0796 or 419/635-2141.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:53:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

These places are a scam. They make money by selling information to people that is available for free. There is a similar scam they play on people with newborns. They charge people $5.00 to apply for a Social Security card for you child when the SS Admin. does it for free.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:09:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You're new, aren't you?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're new, aren't you?

Yep, probably a newbie.  BUT THAT'S OKAY...WE LOVE YOU!

Do a search on this website (make sure you hit "last nine months" option) for "CMP" and "Garand" as separate searches.  You'll have hours of reading.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#7]
New to M1's yes but new to ar15.com..NO! I have a C&R (2 weeks old) lol.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if they contain any hints on actually getting a rifle out of the Garand Retention Program, err Civilian Marksmanship Program?z
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#9]

I wonder if they contain any hints on actually getting a rifle out of the Garand Retention Program, err Civilian Marksmanship Program?z

zoom, you're making it hard to resist flaming. I have followed your strange and twisted CMP saga for about a year now. Your story has zero plausibility and you seem hell-bent on NOT working with the CMP to rectify any alleged problems. Millions of satisfied CMP customers and you're the ONLY individual I've ever heard of having your kinds of troubles. Cut your losses and bury this crap.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Jim_Dandy, you're making it impossible not to flame.  You've been around here a while, and you claim I'm the only one that's had trouble with them?  That's a lie.  How can you possibly make that claim?z
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Jim_Dandy, you're making it impossible not to flame.  You've been around here a while, and you claim I'm the only one that's had trouble with them?  That's a lie.  How can you possibly make that claim?z

I'll agree you're the only one that seems to have a problem with CMP. Everyone else seems to love them, they even go out of there way to correct things.

You need to have your niece or nephew, (I forget) shoot a proper match and then they'll get thier M1. It seems CMP will not take a local backyard shoot where you scored the target as proof of eligible match, go figure

Follow thier directions and you'll get an M1, it's THAT easy. If you don't include the PROPER documentation, you won't.

It is clearly your fault so stop bashing CMP. It's getting old.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Where do I go to get a surplus pre-86 M-16?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Where do I go to get a surplus pre-86 M-16?

Pay big $$$ or join the service
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top