Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2002 6:00:32 PM EDT
First post just to thank all the people responsible for this web site.

Using the information(how to build a lower receivers in the articles section) and the advice good and bad, I have completed the following:

Bought two Rock River Arms lower receivers-striped -
bought a A2 20 inch kit from J & T
Built the lower and Put together "one sweet evil black AR-15" for less than 600.00
Bought some mag's from the equipment exchange
ordered back in March an Armalite Ar-180B.

To all that are thinking about doing a build, please jump on it.  I did the lower with a finish nail for the punch.  The guts out of a ball point pen to install the pivot pin (Thanks J & T for the extra indent).  a regular hammer and regular household tools.

The only problem is now I am wanting a pre-ban!

Again a word of thanks to the AR-15 web site.More questions to come.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome..   Next month I'll welcome you to ARA(A R Anonymous)
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Welcome, and glad to hear you got something good from the site.

Just remember you don't need all those mags
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome badredfish.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome you have found more than a website. You will see what I mean. he most important thing is ask QUESTIONS no matter how stupid the sound. SAFETY is  Job ONE..If your not sure ask. Don't pull the trigger ask. I hope your stay is has enjoyable has mine....BE SAFE
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Welcome..   Next month I'll welcome you to ARA(A R Anonymous)

I love this!!!  I haven't been on here in many a long day.  My work has kept me much  busier than I had ever anticipated.  So, it brings a smile to my face to log on after so long a hiatus, and just happen across this comment!  it seems so appropriate as my learning of guns has broadened over the last few months, and I've discovered my love for AR's.  What's sad it that I'm just as content to sit back and watch one as I am to shoot it myself.  It feels good to see all you gun lovers again.  Some of the people I work with just don't understand.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
well hell, you didn't have to wait until you finished a build or even bought a ready to go AR, before registering.

Welcome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top