Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2002 12:46:17 PM EDT
Now that it is too late, and I've committed to buying a Cetme, I want to know how bad it chews up the brass?  I have seen some references to this.  I reload everything, almost 25 different calibers, and of course .308.  Am I out of luck with the Cetme brass?  Anyone post pictures of the results?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
My SAR-8 dents and bends the brass to the point that it can not be used again. Some of the brass is even dented on the neck. It appears that the brass hits the back end of the ejector port very hard and is damaged and thrown forward and to the right about 50ft.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The CETME/HK91/G3 rifles have fluted chambers and are incredibly hard on brass. Just stock up on the Portugeuse surplus (~$140/k delivered).

It doesn't matter anyway; you'll never find the brass; mine sends the brass about 10 feet downrange and 50-75 feet to the right.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to add that the fluting aso screws-up the brass.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if it'll fit on a CETME, but you might take a look at the port buffer that's made for the HK91.  It keeps the paint in good condition, makes the brass get thrown forward, and it also keeps the dents in the brass at a bare minimum.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up my CETME a couple of weeks ago. Fun to shoot, but KILLS the brass. I have yet to find a reloadable case.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The rifle range I go to there was a guy with a CETME.  His brass shot 20ft out and the casing got damaged.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
My CETME destroyed the necks of the cases.

If you look directly behind the ejection port, you will see where the cases hit the receiver as they left the rifle.  What is happening is that the cases are flipping 180 degrees and the necks of the cases are hitting the receiver.  The HK 93 just puts a big crease down the side of the case.  You can't reload brass from HK rifles.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#8]
That CETME looks kind of familiar!

Brad
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The CETME/HK91/G3 rifles have fluted chambers and are incredibly hard on brass. Just stock up on the Portugeuse surplus (~$140/k delivered).

It doesn't matter anyway; you'll never find the brass; mine sends the brass about 10 feet downrange and 50-75 feet to the right.

Why, that's a candy-ass performance! I can hit center of mass at 125yds every time with my HK91! I wish I could do that with the bullet, but my brass flies straight and true!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top