Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 3:52:45 PM EDT
I bought a bunch of AR mags, flash suppressors, a blank firing adapter and other misc gun stuff all thrown in a box at an auction today. In the box was this item.

What is it?

Thanks HW
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Brass deflector.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What is it?

If I'm not completely mistaken that is a genuine Mil-Spec Do-Hickey, or possibly a rare Whatchamacallit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Brass deflector.

Is it all there? How does it attach?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The picture is so big and at such an angle that it is difficult to tell.  My guess however, is that it is one of the snap on brass deflectors for the old A1 uppers so that a leftie didn't get the hot brass in the face.  The little ball detent should snap into the carry handle hole and the lower part of the deflector would be just to the rear of the ejection port.  Try it and see. You might need an A1 upper to do this since the new A2's integral deflector would be in the way.  

Let me know if I'm right.  I'm sure everyone will be glad to tell me if I'm wrong.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Brass deflector.

I'd have to agree with QCMGR. It looks like a brass deflector (for lefty shooters) from the old A1 model (clips into the charging handle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The picture is so big and at such an angle that it is difficult to tell.  My guess however, is that it is one of the snap on brass deflectors for the old A1 uppers so that a leftie didn't get the hot brass in the face.  The little ball detent should snap into the carry handle hole and the lower part of the deflector would be just to the rear of the ejection port.  Try it and see. You might need an A1 upper to do this since the new A2's integral deflector would be in the way.  

Let me know if I'm right.  I'm sure everyone will be glad to tell me if I'm wrong.  

I don't have a A1 upper, but it is sized right to fit as you explain.

I have no need for such a thing. Anyone know what it is worth?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brass deflector.

Is it all there? How does it attach?

The ball detent goes into the hole in the carry handle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
DAMN!  make me feel like a relic!

YES, For the A1 uppers, a Brass Deflector for Lefties.. attaches over the ejection port in the handle opening. The ball sits in the hole in the carrying handle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, memories!  I remember those from basic training!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Brass deflecter it is, I remember my battle buddy lost his at the range in basic. We did grass drills for that one. The good Ol days.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Some of us giving our age away. Have not seen one of those since mid 80s. Nothing like hot brass in the face.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Rosie O'Donnell's MilSpec vibrator with heavy duty mount. Better give her a call.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow , an old brass defelector haven't used one in years.... (So I'm old , whoop de do ), if you don't want it drop me a line and let me know what you would want for it .
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Being a lefty and owning a SP-1, my G.I. brass deflector is a permanent part of my range bag. I can shoot without but end up with perfect little round burns on my neck that I swear you can can read the headstamp off of! Mine is identical and is marked "BH SERVICE-OLD SARGE" PO Box 479 Natalia, Texas USA 78059. Works like a charm. The SP-1 is the ONLY rifle that makes me eat brass, have owned or shot HK 91, M1 carbines, FN FAL, SKS, Mini 14 EEEUUUUWWW! M1A, AR180, Daewoo AR100, AKM, AK 74, SVT 40 Tokarev, M1 Garand, Benelli M1, Beretta 1201 FP, Remington 11/87, etc, etc, the Colt is the only semi-auto that sends the brass is the wrong direction!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top