Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 8:23:24 AM EDT
I recently purchased a Pre-Ban one, I have a few questions to anyone who might know?

I have one of what I was told to be the early tool room sample guns SN X00# anybody know much about them? let alone if the later models are any less Blocky and have more of an AR lower reciever profile than the earlier ones?

Any body shot one or own one I would appreciate any commentary. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. It's pre-ban and an older model. The recievers looks just like the original AR-15 A1 config. I recently upgraded my upper to an A3 and mounted a Reflex 2 to it. The original carry handle sights were pretty much useless. I also replaced the vortex FS with a Phantom which works really good. The vortex prongs broke and opened up like a flower.

The later versions were blocky in appearance with an A3 flat top upper and had a more modernized appearance.

It shoots fairly well. I sighted in my Reflex2 to 50 yards and kept most of the shots in the orange off hand. The recoil is a little bit stiffer than a M4 due the weight but not bad at all. A forward verticle M4 type grip would be perfect, but not legal due it's pistol status.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, mine is fun to shoot and fairly accurate. I have yet to do all the things I had wanted to do to it (3 or four more calibers) and it has a strange upper but that will change soon to a G.I. type.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top