Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2002 3:15:14 PM EDT

Is this Taurus 689 worth $175 bucks? Any issues with this model that I should look out for?

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Considering Taurus's warranty and the apparent beautiful condition of that gun I wouldn't be wasting anytime nabbing it at that price!

Good to hear, since I went to look at it, fired it, loved it, bought it, and came here to see if I could find out what the market value is. I like it a lot, except for a strange rattleing sound that it makes when you shake it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope that rattling sound is when it's loaded...it will just be the bullets banging around the cylinder.

IF NOT, check to see if the cylinder is wiggling a bit.

IF NOT THAT...take that sucker apart post-haste and find out what is causing it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hope that rattling sound is when it's loaded...it will just be the bullets banging around the cylinder.

IF NOT, check to see if the cylinder is wiggling a bit.

IF NOT THAT...take that sucker apart post-haste and find out what is causing it.

It is a small metal piece that rises up betwen the firing pin and the hammer when you pull the trigger. It moves around a little. From what I've been able to find on rec.guns this is normal. Can anyone here verify?

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Good price, it is the transfer bar that is rattling, it is normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top