Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2002 2:58:40 PM EDT
My local gunshop has a Vietnam commorative AR15 that is factory "pimped out" for 1295.00. Its 98% and painted a shiney black with gold inlay.
Its a rather sad sight to see.

I don't know much, but I think that prices on standard preban bushmasters have out surpassed the commoratives. I toyed with the Idea of buying this one and trying to "depimp" it. But Its a little too much at 1295.00 to do it.  Am I wrong? Do these wall hangers really have a market?
If any of you are interested in it email me for the contact info.

***No disrespect is intended to Vets by this post. Thank you for your service.***
I wasnt there but I believe that a more fitting memorial might be a standard  ar with a jane fonda target downrange and a few hundred rounds of XM193.

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, that's one gaudy looking gun.  All that's missing is the wide brim hat and the fur boa.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
FRO,
I have seen that rifle before. Are you in Greensboro? Where do you shoot?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
hg112,
Yup, its at cherrys. McLeansville, actually. I havent been to any of the ranges around here. I shoot at an 80 acre farm in Randolf county. I need to check into the ranges though, where do you shoot?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot rifles at DPRC and pistols at Calibers indoor range.

Cherry's is a cool place, I use them for transfers, but them don't exactly give their stuff away. Their stuff is higher than most everyone else. Still, I've bought a few guns from them. Great service, very professional. Not your typical gun store.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, about the rifle. I looked at it and thought "Who the hell would pay &1300.00 for that?" I didn't know at the time it was a preban. I can't say my opinion has changed much.

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]
id buy it but not for 1300. just change the upper,pistol grip and butstock. i can live with the engrave gob on the lower. but a gold plated flashider ick.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Crow, that thing is tacky!  You'd spend more money on it trying to de-pimp it.  The one good thing about it (& I might be mistaken) is being a commenorative is that you could buy it thru the mail if you had a C&R ffl.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]

I wasnt there but I believe that a more fitting memorial might be a standard ar with a jane fonda target downrange and a few hundred rounds of XM193.

Add a target of Robert B. McNamara and LBJ while you're at it. They did more damage than Jane Fonda ever conjectured up herself.

themao
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah, and I forgot to add. I think the gun is pretty. The foam looking handguard could go though. A standard one would have done just fine.

themao
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
didn't Colt make one of these also ?

hell man i'll buy it just to make shure no one ever sees it again, being as it's a pre=-ban !!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Criminy!  Even the magazine is laquered black!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Hello,

FRO
CK your mail ,need info on the dealer
Thanks
TS2
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Contact info sent Goodluck!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#14]
HAAAAAAA....!!! IT'S MINE ALL MINE !!!!!!

thanx for the heads up bro !! actually i got it for my wife......, in fact !! i bought her a Colt VN comm. this afternoon, now she has two to cuddle & coddle, she will never allow them to be fired as long as she lives, but she said i can fire the Colt Carbine i am getting..., that is her compromise after i told her i was turning the VN Bushy into a shooter............

BTW: can you resize the photo ? i'd lyke to get a full length copy of it....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top