User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2002 9:25:09 PM EDT
?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint And Trijicon
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
night vision, thermals, some new shit I saw on the discovery channel that has a computer in a buttpack and runs to a little set of goggles on the persons face that has a pc screen in one lens then it's hooked up to a scope on top of the AR15 and he put the rifle around a corner and see whats around the corner without poking his head or any parts of his body other than him holding the rifle... no bullshit
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
night vision, thermals, some new shit I saw on the discovery channel that has a computer in a buttpack and runs to a little set of goggles on the persons face that has a pc screen in one lens then it's hooked up to a scope on top of the AR15 and he put the rifle around a corner and see whats around the corner without poking his head or any parts of his body other than him holding the rifle... no bullshit

But this system's still only in the proof of concept stage.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
But this system's still only in the proof of concept stage.

And would you trust your life to a "butt pack?"  Like smart guns, the more sophisticated and complex they are, the more likely they are to break in a combat situation.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
trijicon acogs and aimpoint comp.. i saw in soldier of fortune theyre using US optics SN4 for their new SOPMOD sniper rifles in afghanistan.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:11:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi Abri,

excuse me , no flame here , but SN-4 1-4x for sniping ?
Hard to believe.

SOPMOD SWSs ?
Which model ?
Which manufacturer ?

It seems to me you did just a little bit of confusion , would you like to clarify ?

Thanx,
PP out
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Aimpoint And Trijicon

Aimpoint,Trijicon & EOtech for CQB / CQC

Leupold for marksmanship (SPRs)

PP out

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
The seemore systems red dot...

is this any good.  I thought it might be a good by for my Dissipator from CDNN for $250

?????????
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
PP, i dont remember exactly what it is, looks like SR25 to me with stainless barrel, supressor and freefloat round handguard with picatinny rails in front section of the tubes only. The optics on the rifle was USO SN4 and B&L tactical 10x. I might be wrong, check SOF June 02 issue for sure..

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Abri,

probably you're talking ab the MK11 M.O , but it has not any USO scope mounted , it's a SWS not a CQB/CQC rifle.

In my knowledge there are not any SWSs mounting the SN-4 A/N R/R 1-4X CQB scope , I could even understand one SPR with SN-4 mounted but only with the doubler......2-8X.....

PP out
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:29:59 AM EDT
[#11]
PP, he's probably talking about the Marine's SMR.  I believe it carries the USO SN-4.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
PP, he's probably talking about the Marine's SMR.  I believe it carries the USO SN-4.

Hi Rabbit9,
I know the USMC new DMR but dunno the USMC SMR,do not you have more details/pics abt it ?
Thanks,
PP out
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#13]
just because all the hitech stuff fails doens't mean you don't have iron sights and that your rifle won't function..
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi Rabbit9,
I know the USMC new DMR but dunno the USMC SMR,do not you have more details/pics abt it ?
Thanks,
PP out

PP, The Marine SMR is supposed to be the sibling to the SFR SPR.  Only differences that I know of are 1 in 7 barrel.  I have seen pics of SPR varient with the SN-4 installed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#15]
just checking the sale thread, and i think this is the same rifle i saw on SOF..

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=113592

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#16]
OK, I already saw that pic , there we have an SPR ( marksman rifle , nor SWS ) with an SN-4 1-4X mounted , got it .

PP out
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#17]
  I had a very good letter displayed but lost it when getting this site for you :http://155.217.58.58/rtddltextv.html
  You will want to go to field manuls then go to FM 23-10.
  Go to the apendex A.
  Spring field is a very large suplier of scopes to the military, could be that the primary sniper utilizes one of these scopes.
 How ever with the new .50cal. sniper weapons being fased in at specialty points of branches of services, Scopes are a very up to date subject at this point of FASING IN.
 I utilize a leupold M-1 3.5-10x40mm illuminated mil. retical curently, how ever i will be fasing it out soon to the 7mm, utilization of the spring field will be brought in to replace it.
 Try the site, every thing is ok as long as you stay a way from the locked pubs.
 No you do not need to log in eather, just go to the library, click on the FM's and go to 23-10 sniper training were you will find what you are looking for in the apendex A.
   Good Luck, there are a lot of veribels.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top