Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2002 6:11:36 PM EDT
Anyone with a shooters report on the Gunsite Cooper 80 1911A1??

I've fired two, own one and will do a write up in a couple days, but would love to give someone else first chance to describe the Cooper 80 pistol.

regards,

Clipper
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me be the first to say that this pistol is awesome!

It is by far the best 9mm I have ever seen. At $399, it also quite the bargain.

First of all the trigger pull is fantastic. Double action came in at a crisp 7 pnds with smooth take-up and single action was a perfect 3 pnds that broke like a glass rod.

Ergonomics are incredible for a pistol of this size. The grip is very slender for a triple stack magazine and the weight is perfectly balanced.

Firing this pistol is what really gets me going. Accuracy is simply unbelievable. Dime sized groups at 100 yds are the norm with an occasional flyer. The barrel weights and muzzle brake really helped keep things under control in full-auto fire and the integral bi-pod really steadied things for those shots that have to "reach out and touch someone".

A couple of FTFs were experienced at first until the pistol broke itself in, then reliability was %100. This is definitely a gun I would stake my life on.

If you want a reliable, hi-capacity pistol that won't break the bank, I can't recommend the Cooper 80 enough.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Let me be the first to say that this pistol is awesome!

It is by far the best 9mm I have ever seen. At $399, it also quite the bargain.

First of all the trigger pull is fantastic. Double action came in at a crisp 7 pnds with smooth take-up and single action was a perfect 3 pnds that broke like a glass rod.

Ergonomics are incredible for a pistol of this size. The grip is very slender for a triple stack magazine and the weight is perfectly balanced.

Firing this pistol is what really gets me going. Accuracy is simply unbelievable. Dime sized groups at 100 yds are the norm with an occasional flyer. The barrel weights and muzzle brake really helped keep things under control in full-auto fire and the integral bi-pod really steadied things for those shots that have to "reach out and touch someone".

A couple of FTFs were experienced at first until the pistol broke itself in, then reliability was %100. This is definitely a gun I would stake my life on.

If you want a reliable, hi-capacity pistol that won't break the bank, I can't recommend the Cooper 80 enough.

Har har!

[smile]

You meant the SuperDooperPooper-80XL

Afraid we were on about Jeff Cooper's 80 aniversary special 1911A1

Oh well - you did make me smile!

(You forgot to mention the belt-feed option!!)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top