Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2002 12:31:13 PM EDT
I was going to build an all Colt M4gery and I ran into these uppers in the Bushmaster catalog. Has anyone had expereince with them?  For the same price I could have a Bushy Colt hybrid with the SIRS. Definitely have the cool factor.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Lot of complaints on the site Regarding Bushmaster lately.

I would resist the temptation to skimp, and go for the COLT.

You'll never hear anyone say that they regret buying a colt instead of another brand.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was going to build an all Colt M4gery and I ran into these uppers in the Bushmaster catalog. Has anyone had expereince with them?  For the same price I could have a Bushy Colt hybrid with the SIRS. Definitely have the cool factor.

Buy the 6400C.  It is a great rifle.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt for collector purposes and resale value will be worth more at any time than a hybrid. But I am not sure who makes the best gun overall to be honest. I have two preban Colts myself and a preban Bushy amongst others. And I have always prefered the bushy myself it seems to be of superior quality to me-an opionion only.
But buy or build what you want it is your money after all. One caution though about building one make sure you know what you are doing. While it is very "Chimple" to put most any of the AR-15 series together there are a few things you must pay very close attention to. Otherwise you may be on a website complaining about poor Q.C. at whomever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top