Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 9:16:12 PM EDT
Just got a mac-90 chineese model for $400 wantin to know how good of a deal I got
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
AND DUH!! its in prestine condition all black synthetic stock and grip, Chrome lined barrell ect ect, Its a really sweet shootin gun. Me and my buddies fired 200 rounds through it and it didn't even think about misfiring once, but what can I say AK AK AK.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds about right to me for a 89-94 model. That's cheaper than I paid for mine a few years ago , I think.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you been satisfied with it?? any problems?
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine around '95 for $199 new.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
The AK isn't really a pretty rifle, they aren't the most accurate, they have short stocks that take some getting used to and they are pretty crude. But they go bang every time the trigger is squuezed, mags are cheap and plentiful, and ammo is the cheapest of any in it's class. The AK is certainly a great bargain and a nice overall weapon. They have more good qualities than bad. A gun doesn't have to be expensive to be effective.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#6]
TowelSnapper,
I'm assuming that it has the correct number of US parts, etc?
With those extras, I think you got a fair deal. Buying a MAK NIB and making those changes would run close to $400 depending on the manufacture of US made parts.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh yeah evrything to make it leagle and i think there was like $30 in reciepts and he only fred it like 200 times, but if i ever have to sell it i probably wont find another one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#8]
$430!!! not $30 lol
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I paid $140 for mine but that was back in July of 94.

Have fun with your new toy. They are fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#10]
When I got my first AK it was a Mac90.
$400 is the same price I paid. Its what its worth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Enjoy. They are a blast to shoot and the Chicoms make a good AK. It is a little tough to soup it up in that they have a few differences with the Euro's. Most spareparts out there are to Euro specs but it sounds as if you have that little problem solved for you. If you need a new trigger for some reason I rec the Redstar trigger. In the MAK, however, you'll need to grind(dremel) some material off the selector lever yolk. Once again, it also, is made to Euro specs.
The MAK can be pretty accurate. With a little practice I can get mine close to what I get with my AR's.

Make sure it has the requisite number of american parts. BATF won't care what someone else told you. You need to change out 5 parts on the stamped AK's like the MAK, 6 parts if you put a muzzle break or comp on it. It is easy enough to do.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Enjoy! After 9 ARs, I finally bought an AK.  My FFL had a MAC90 for $325.  I thought about it too long and it was gone!  I ended up buying a Bulgarian SLR95.  I'm still waiting for UPS to get it to my FFL.  A week from VA to NY.  And I thought the PO was slow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top