Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2002 7:26:49 PM EDT
Well I think so anyway.

So I got it last weekend and it had some FTE problems. I cleaned up the bolt carrier and bolt assemblies (sorta) and headed back to the range today. Well the problem continued.

Then I took the bolt/carrier assy. from my Armalite Carbine and used that in there. It worked flawlessly then. Closer examination of the bolt and extractor (with the helpful inputs of others) turned up a lot of "gunk" under the extractor. Cleaning didn't solve the problem. I put my Armalite bolt assy. into the Colt bolt carrier assy. and that combination worked fine also.

I guess I'll get a repair kit for the bolt assy. to change out the extractor, spring, pin & spring,,, and then see where that gets me.

Sure was happy to find out that the problem was only gonna cost $5-$20 to fix.

Well anyway, with the Armalite bolt in it I got to shoot several rounds. What a fun little gun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The Wolff brand extra heavy extractor sping solved my M4 FTE issue.  You may want to consider it if the problem resurfaces.

Regards,
Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top