Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 5:47:37 PM EDT
Lately I've seen a lot of pic's on the forums, and they all have a disturbingly common feature. They showcase lots of folks (both men and women) with some atrociously poor body positions. Especially the full auto stuff.

Doesn't anyone keep their elbows down where they belong? Keep their body weight on the balls of their feet? Bend their knees? Roll their shoulders and lean into it? Put their noses near the charging handle? Heaven forbid we should see any good CQB stances!

Instead we see elbows up near the ears, shoulders back, hips forward, knees locked, and usually all at the same time. Sorry for the stereotype, but these people are shooting like girls! (Well, maybe not like the IDF babes in that other thread, but you know what I mean... )

I'm sure there are lot's of folks out there "doing it right". Are all those folks too busy shooting to take pic's?

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Only have a few shots of myself shooting, here´s one with blurry resolution thanks to the friend who took this.

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm very sorry, i'll try harder.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
So your saying I should stop taking a recliner with me to the range?
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Do I pose with my finger on the trigger or no?  
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Gee,
I have been wrong all this time?  My old Marine Corps Instructor says  "keep that right arm/elbo parallel to the ground" and all my LEO/CQB instructors say "keep that right arm/elbo parallel to the ground".  Darn, I'll have to do better!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:27:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I will say this much I HAVE to wing out my shooting arm with a retracing stock on an M4 because of the size and shape of my front deltoid.  It is so big and round the stock slides over the top.  I put the stock in the crease between my  shoulder and bicep and it is stuck like super glue.  I have always heard about this "pocket of the shoulder" thing and when I look down all I see is a smooth round lump of pec/shoulder and no "pocket" at all.  I never did get that reference.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:03:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Good show, Tuukka!

Glock31, if you need to relax, then go prone! Rollover prone if you are really sleepy!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Doesn't anyone keep their elbows down where they belong? Keep their body weight on the balls of their feet? Bend their knees? Roll their shoulders and lean into it? Put their noses near the charging handle? Heaven forbid we should see any good CQB stances!

Instead we see elbows up near the ears, shoulders back, hips forward, knees locked, and usually all at the same time. Sorry for the stereotype, but these people are shooting like girls!

It's refreshing to finally hear from someone on this board who knows everything and has all the answers. So rare a quality these days!
Where can we get some lessons. I'm sure from you they would be a bargain at any price.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:41:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Oh I'm supposed to keep my eyes OPEN?

With rifles, yes. With shotguns its OK to close both eyes as long as you keep swinging
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:17:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Only have a few shots of myself shooting, here´s one with blurry resolution thanks to the friend who took this.

Tuukka we have to get a better pic of your shooting stance.  My six year old daughter just pointed to the screen and asked about the red-eared turtle with the gun.  

What do you expect when we live in the country and she has a slider for a pet...  I started laughing then she thought Daddy was funny and it got silly real fast.

**edited to add a pic of what the hell we were laughing about...

It's gonna take years of counseling for both of us to get over it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top