Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 6:03:05 AM EDT
after buying another pre-ban Colt AR-15 A2 yesterday, i brought it home & cleaned it up, it was clean, i just had to dirty it ....

i leave my gun safe door open during the day tyme.., as she was closing the door i noticed her stareing into the safe, looking over at me she said, "we can only get six more ARs in here, you are going to have to stop buying after six".....!!!!!

that statement hit me where it hurts , what do you folks do when the safe is full, & does seem to have a slight bulging appearance..????

besides six more AR-15s will make 13..! now i ain't superstitious, but, don't you thynk  14 is a more rounded number.......??

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You could stop at 12, and get an AR-10 to go with them.  

Kind of like a big brother.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Just buy another safe.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep one under your pillow, like I do...
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just buy another safe.

Sometime the best answers are the simplist.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Or you could seperate the lowers from the uppers and place only the lowers in the safe!
Works for me!

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#6]
She only said six more AR's their are a lot of other options out their. FAL, M1A etc.............
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Keep one under your pillow, like I do...

You mean you don't have the "bedside holster" system in place !?!?  You know, kinda like having a scabbard on the side of you horse.

CJ, just add another safe, one just for AR's !!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy another safe you moron.

themao
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#9]
you could buy another safe, but it would be quite obvious that it was there...

try and get a safe about 2x the size of the one you have now, make sure it is the same colour and all..
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd say you should counter offer.

"Honey, how about this - I'll only buy FOUR more, as long as I can buy them all right now."

(This of course presumes about a year from now she'll let you out of the deal, and then you can buy three more, AND a new safe.)

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That is why I started the "LEGP Safe" thread.

I also have a "VERY" full safe.  

I have redesigned it many times to optimize the space.

I can do no more.

I NEED ANOTHER SAFE!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Buy another safe you moron.

themao

That would be my thought
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Or you could get a new mute wife that doesn't speak her opinion. Then leave them anywhere you want.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Or you could get a new mute wife that doesn't speak her opinion. Then leave them anywhere you want.

Whoever invents these will be a billionaire...
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I know that our rights shouldnt be based on needs and all that, but who needs 13 AR-15's? IMHO its a waste of money because no matter how they are differently configured, be it free floating, jewell trigger, and all the techno gizmo AR's and a AR with only standard military feature, as long as its all 223 it will only do the same thing, have the same limitation of a 223. Now If you have 13 guns and you got one AR for plinking (it is a pretty accurate plinker...), then another beefed up AR for competition use, a 308/30-06 rifle for killing deers, a magnum like 300 win mag for killing bigger deers/bears, a shotgun for killing birds (and defense), 2 handguns for SHTF/defense (one for you and one for your wife), maybe several handgun of different caliber for different use, 22's for practice, 45's for stopping man... and a mauser or 2 just for historical and plinking fun... but I seriously dont see the need for a lot of AR's... you arent going to arm an entire neighborhoods when SHTF (like the neighbor who preaches they never own guns but suddenly wanted one, I'd say screw them... if they dont like guns its not likely they will be able to use one when SHTF) and 3 or 4 AR's is more than enough if you need to arm say an entire family. I personally dont like keeping 2 firearms of the same caliber or similar caliber. I see guns as a tool not as commodity so to me having 2 guns chambered in 223 or 308 is a waste of space and money. I dont think I can handle sustained semi auto fire of 308 since they do kick alot, I just have one 308 that is bolt action and as accurate as it can get for those long range shots. similarily, Why have an AR-15 and a AKM in 223 or a bolt action in 223, since I see a 223 not as one of those one shot one kill type of cartige (I know about the wounding characteristic and whatnot, but it is still marginal) but as an "assault weapon" cartige since it doesnt kick alot so I can shoot 10 30 round clips of it continously without feeling tired, so I rather have either an AKM or an AR-15 than a bolt action since its too slow... I would only use an "assault weapon" at medium range so accuracy isnt as important... Why have a 1911 and a HK USP both in 45ACP they all shoot the same round, why not just pick one that is most reliable and stick with that? these are my opinion of course and I only stick to the one gun per caliber rule if I am the only one using those gun, if I am providing arms for others then I will have several AR's...
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#16]
My safe will only handle one more long gun.
May have to get another safe real soon.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#17]
put your wife in the safe and have the guns around the house
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I vote for a new safe.  Heck, I am sure you can shoe horn another 7 or 8 in the safe you have.

medcop
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:41:24 AM EDT
[#19]
rahimiv,

i do not kill deer any more !! the only thyng i kill is cats that try to kill my birdies, i'd lyke to snuff a few liberals tho, that wud be fun

themao,
thanx for the insult you fcukin idiot !!

a new safe ? actuallt i am considering removing all the shelves & install a swinging door type thyngy & hang the rifles on pegs, lyke this:///// only one on top of the other, then hang all my handguns in the blank spaces where long guns do not fit, i drew up a preliminary design & by my best calculations i will be able to fit 42 rifles & 24 hand guns in a 28 gun safe, that includes hanging 4 guns on the inside of the door, along wyth some assys.......
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#20]
rahimiv are you a woman?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I know that our rights shouldnt be based on needs and all that, but who needs 13 AR-15's? IMHO its a waste of money because no matter how they are differently configured, be it free floating, jewell trigger, and all the techno gizmo AR's and a AR with only standard military feature, as long as its all 223 it will only do the same thing, have the same limitation of a 223. Now If you have 13 guns and you got one AR for plinking (it is a pretty accurate plinker...), then another beefed up AR for competition use, a 308/30-06 rifle for killing deers, a magnum like 300 win mag for killing bigger deers/bears, a shotgun for killing birds (and defense), 2 handguns for SHTF/defense (one for you and one for your wife), maybe several handgun of different caliber for different use, 22's for practice, 45's for stopping man... and a mauser or 2 just for historical and plinking fun... but I seriously dont see the need for a lot of AR's... you arent going to arm an entire neighborhoods when SHTF (like the neighbor who preaches they never own guns but suddenly wanted one, I'd say screw them... if they dont like guns its not likely they will be able to use one when SHTF) and 3 or 4 AR's is more than enough if you need to arm say an entire family. I personally dont like keeping 2 firearms of the same caliber or similar caliber. I see guns as a tool not as commodity so to me having 2 guns chambered in 223 or 308 is a waste of space and money. I dont think I can handle sustained semi auto fire of 308 since they do kick alot, I just have one 308 that is bolt action and as accurate as it can get for those long range shots. similarily, Why have an AR-15 and a AKM in 223 or a bolt action in 223, since I see a 223 not as one of those one shot one kill type of cartige (I know about the wounding characteristic and whatnot, but it is still marginal) but as an "assault weapon" cartige since it doesnt kick alot so I can shoot 10 30 round clips of it continously without feeling tired, so I rather have either an AKM or an AR-15 than a bolt action since its too slow... I would only use an "assault weapon" at medium range so accuracy isnt as important... Why have a 1911 and a HK USP both in 45ACP they all shoot the same round, why not just pick one that is most reliable and stick with that? these are my opinion of course and I only stick to the one gun per caliber rule if I am the only one using those gun, if I am providing arms for others then I will have several AR's...

Free will!....He can have as many as he want. That's the beauty of it. Is this a free country or what?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:23:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Just buy another safe.

Problem solved
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#23]
rahimiv, have you ever heard of the "because I can" principal?  Who cares if he wants 13 ARs.  Hell, I own about 15-20 .22 rifles and pistols.  Other multiples I have include 3 12 guage shotguns and 2 20 guagers.  

Buy anothr safe Jack:).

We've got 3 12 long gun safes and still can't fit all the rifles and shotguns in 'em:).
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#24]
She "said" or she "meant"?--two completely different things. If she said she meant, then she doesn't understand. Riding the gravy train for long periods clouds the memory of what walking is like. ;-)
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
themao,
thanx for the insult you fcukin idiot !!

a new safe ? actuallt i am considering removing all the shelves & install a swinging door type thyngy & hang the rifles on pegs, lyke this:///// only one on top of the other, then hang all my handguns in the blank spaces where long guns do not fit, i drew up a preliminary design & by my best calculations i will be able to fit 42 rifles & 24 hand guns in a 28 gun safe, that includes hanging 4 guns on the inside of the door, along wyth some assys.......

My lord. I was just being a smart ass. Good grief, I thought from the tone of this topic, it was meant to be kinda testosterone filled. I'll be more sensitive to your feelings next time, and I'll send you a book from Oprah's book of the month club. Sound good?

That sounds like a good idea. I have six guns myself now, and my dad wants me to figure something out to store them. Currently, I have them in a closet in a bunch of cases. Not exactly secure I must say.

themao
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I know that our rights shouldnt be based on needs and all that, but who needs 13 AR-15's?...

I agree. I think people need 13 AK's instead.

I could probably find 13 different configs of AR's I could JUSTIFY. I don't think it would be a waste of cash either.

themao
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I am working on perfecting a method of stretching safes.  I've had some success using two modified transmission jacks simultaniously, along with a custom pump motor.  The system is computer controlled by my laptop which is preprogrammed to increase pressure on a timeline based on safe dimensions, metal thickness, and ambient temperature.

So far my best results were achieved when I decided I would like to keep an AR15 or three in my handgun safe.  Of course they wouldn't fit, so I applied my safe stretching method(patent pending) and below you can see the results for yourself.

start:

after 3 weeks of stretching and a new paint job:
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Well damn!  How much are you charging for this treatment!?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Cactus: Actually, with 13 ARs, you likely DO NOT have the problem I have with only 8 long guns-so much different ammo to buy. I have to stock .223, .270, 30-30, 12ga, 20ga, .22 & .50 BP. I'm about to add .30-06 to the mix. Then there's the handguns: .40S&W, .357, 9mm & .380. I usually have to do an inventory before I head out to the gun show. Life can be tough.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just buy another safe.

Problem solved

=============================================

now that i bought her two VN commemoratives, a Bushmaster & a Colt....., she agrees..., get another safe !!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
She "said" or she "meant"?--two completely different things. If she said she meant, then she doesn't understand. Riding the gravy train for long periods clouds the memory of what walking is like. ;-)

now, that is funny i lyked that....., but she capitulated, now she has two VN Comms to add to the stew & wants her own safe !! neeto huh......?

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Well currently I only have 5 AR's but I could see one more in the near future.

I was in a similar situation when I impulsively bought a 12 gun safe. I didn't have room for all my guns. I solved this problem, for a little while by removeing the standard shelves and building my own.

I replaced them with one center shelf that has three rows of seven holes offset rom each other for a total of 21 holes. Three of these holes are extra large for double barrels or bayo lugs and things like that. These larger holes are stagered as well, not next to each other.

Then I put two additional shelves at the top for handguns.

I am able to fit 21 long guns plus an additional 6 that fit inbetween and don't reach the shelf (short AR's AK's and the like) Plus 15 handguns on the top two shelves in their hard cases.  Total of 42 guns in a 12 gun safe. Not too bad huh? But now I am back where I started, not enough room!

I am considering buying zipper soft cases for my handguns which would about double the capacity but I have not decided yet.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#33]
buying more safes doesn't stop the wants or needs - i now have 4 safes and still some outside for use
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn, I keep all my firearms locked in individual cases and throw it under my bed or in the closet.

Question,how much do some of these safes run for? And im not talking about the ogresized ones you have to bolt to the ground. I'm talkinga bout a decent sized maybe 200 pounder?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Cactus: Actually, with 13 ARs, you likely DO NOT have the problem I have with only 8 long guns-so much different ammo to buy. I have to stock .223, .270, 30-30, 12ga, 20ga, .22 & .50 BP. I'm about to add .30-06 to the mix. Then there's the handguns: .40S&W, .357, 9mm & .380. I usually have to do an inventory before I head out to the gun show. Life can be tough.

Hey wats the .50bp?? Me never heard of it..ive only seen AE and BMG
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#36]
a regular liberty safe that holds 12 long guns weighs in about 800 pounds IIRC... ALWAYS buy one bigger than what you "think" your gonna need.. I have 10 guns right now.. 8 here and 2 on layaway.. so i'm not gonna buy a 12 gun safe i'll prolly get one that holds 21 or something.. JUST this year i've bought 5 guns.. 2 ar15's 2 hk pistols and a rem 700 pss.. at the rate i'm going im gonna have to build a walk in vault lol
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Damn, I keep all my firearms locked in individual cases and throw it under my bed or in the closet.

Question,how much do some of these safes run for? And im not talking about the ogresized ones you have to bolt to the ground. I'm talkinga bout a decent sized maybe 200 pounder?

============================================

200 pounder.....? eeeeh thats good for 4 rifles & 6 hand guns........, maybe !!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
buying more safes doesn't stop the wants or needs - i now have 4 safes and still some outside for use

==============================================

actually we have considered turning one of our spare rooms into a walk in safe, but it wud cost about $12,000, that represents about 6 more ARs..., can't do it !!

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#39]
DONT BUY ANOTHER SAFE!!!!!!!!! e-mail me I'll take good care of em, keep um warm at night too.      lol     Edited to say: I do have plenty of room.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Just buy another safe.

just send some of your guns to me.  i have a little room for them.  they will be safe and sound(aahhh i can hear the sound now. BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!)  
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:17:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

===============================================
not true my friend, along wyth .223, i have to stock .22lr, .243win., 7mm rem. mag., .30-30 win., .357 mag., .41 mag., .44 mag., 9mm, 12 ga., & several custom made muzzleloaders.....

hard to keep up wyth, but i do have great fun doing so...

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#42]
gunsmithdude: .50BP=BLACK POWDER. You know, a Hawken frontstuffer.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#43]
One word: VAULT!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#44]
I thinks its time for you to buy a full auto.
You could fit a M16 or a belt fed weapon in your safe.  heavy.gif
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
gunsmithdude: .50BP=BLACK POWDER. You know, a Hawken frontstuffer.

are you talkin REAL Hawken Rifles or those junky reproductions ?

i was once a custom muzzleloader rifle maker, come to the Tucson gun show in Oct. & i'll show you REAL Hawkens........!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top