Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2002 10:49:00 PM EDT
Would it be possible to make a lever action carbine/rifle in either .475 linebaugh, or .500 linebaugh?

Would anybody happen to make them???

Man, I would sure love to have one!!!!

Thanks,

Cody
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
winchester has the new .480 ruger coming out late this year/early next year in a lever
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh Yeah!!!
Just what I need, a 6lb carbine in .500 linebaugh.

Dude, I'm no recoil weeny, but GEEZ.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
i've often toyed with this idea myself...i really like lever action rifles.  ideas i've kicked around...rechambering a lever gun from 45 long colt to 454 casull or possible rechambering a 44 to the 440 corbon (50 ae necked to .44).

the concerns i've heard from the smiths ar that the casull is too long to function in a 45 lc rifle and that you need a rim to work a lever action (the 50 ae has a rebated rim-although the rim is the same size as the 44 mag).  
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oh Yeah!!!

People use this round in handguns!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh Yeah!!!

People use this round in handguns!

Don't really understand that one either!

I read somewhere(somebody correct me if I'm wrong) that anything bigger/more powerful than a .375 H&H can give you a concussion.  I have too few brain cells that survived my twentys; I'm surprised I'm not drain bramaged already.  Why risk it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The Linebaugh cartridges are wonderful hand gun cartridges but in a levergun you have room for a lot more. If you want a rather powerful levergun, two chamberings come rapidly to mind they are the 450 Alaskan and the 50 Alaskan these were based on the 348 winchester case. There are a suprising number of these in the area and they are very, very powerful. These two were developed about 50 years ago by a man named Harold Johnson in Cooper Landing, Alaska.
There is a shop in Anchorage that does a lot of work with Leverguns they may have something that interests you. www.wildwestguns.com
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
We got in a new .475 7 1/2" BFR this morning.  The buyer has put it on law-a-way and asked the owner to shoot it in the morning and let him know how it shoots.  I plan on trying it out.  I will probably be very surprised considering the only revolver I have ever fired is a .357 2 1/4" five shot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I mainly want one because I'm a huge fan of Linebaugh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top