Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2002 5:37:55 PM EDT
I visited Tony's site about a year ago and was impressed by his 50AE Sledgehammer.  I already had a Desert Eagle 50AE so I could imagine the awesome power of this rifle.  This week I finally decided to buy one and found out that they are no longer in production.  A sad day indeed.

Anyway, I posted a WTB message here and would like to know if there are other places where I might find a Tromix 50AE complete upper or entire rifle.  I tried Gunbroker and Auction Arms, but no luck.

I also seem to remember that there were two Sledgehammer barrel lengths, a 16" for the UltraLite and a longer one.  Am I right?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:20:19 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as I recall, all of the the 50AE uppers went out with 16.75" barrels, regardless whether they were ultra-lites or stardard barrels.  Only about five (5) ultra-lite 50AE's were made.  The other 55 or so were stardard weight.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]
There was someone on this site who was hurting for MONEY bad.  He was trying to sell his 50 upper but I can't remember who.  Maybe He'll see this thread.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Tony, do you know of any way I could get a 20" bbl for my .458SOCOM you built me last lear?

By the way it is shooting great and come October hopefully I will be able to kill an Elk with it provided I see one! I'll get you some pics if I get one!

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Mac -

I have one 20" barrel in the shop that is "in dubio".  If the original customer does not indicate he wants to proceed, she can be all yours.  Did you want another upper, or did you want to swap barrels?

Marty ter Weeme
Teppo Jutsu LLC
Home of the .458 SOCOM
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Email a guy at [email protected].  He had a posting for one a while back.  I looked into getting it, but couldn't come up with the funds.  I talked with him via email last week, so I think he still has it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]
What was he asking for the .458 upper?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top