Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2002 2:10:46 PM EDT
I just ordered one after reading about them in the July edition of Guns magazine.  Anyone own one or have any input on these AK's.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't heard a bad thing about 'em.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of the finest AK's you can buy, whether pre or post ban.  I own the SA M-7 and the RPK-7.

Fit and finish is top notch, machine work is great.  Very accurate with decent ammo, and I can't recommend the rifles highly enough.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
They are nice.  I was looking at them before I bought my VEPR K.

Only reason I went with the VEPR K is that I got a better deal on it as opposed to the SA M-7.

You really aren't going to find better AKs than those two.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Some of the finest AK's you can buy, whether pre or post ban.

I see... and where can you buy a preban bulgarian? *LOL*
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#5]
FFL called and I picked it up this morning.  This bad boy is totally awsome.  Machine work, fit and finish are top notch.  Now, if it shoots as good as it looks I'll be a happy camper.  I picked up a dozen new Bulgarian waffle mags from KVAR and they fit perfect.  Next stop is ammoman to get some 7.62.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
You can't buy a pre-ban Bulgarian, they don't exist.

What I meant, and what I think you know I meant, was that the guns from Arsenal Inc. in Nevada are some of the finest AK's period, whether you are comparing pre-ban rifles like the Hungarian and Yugoslav rifles (of which I've had one Hungarian and three Yugos) or good post ban rifles.  These Arsenal Inc. rifles beat the pre-ban stuff in fit, finish and quality hands down, you just can't put a bayonet on them and they don't have threaded muzzles.

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
How much do they cost?
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If you have a friendly FFL that will handle transfers for you, you can get them from www.tennesseeguns.com

Realize though that those are dealer prices.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Thinking about a SAR-1..

Comments??
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:21:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Realize though that those are dealer prices.

Sure they aren't retail?  I'm not sure what premium your dealer may place on transfer, but I've seen the classics at a local shop for that price.. and this guy isn't selling at dealer cost.

Thinking about a SAR-1..

The SAR-1s are ok.  Functional.  They aren't pretty.  No AK is really all that aesthetically pleasing, but the Romanians are less so.  For the money, they're not bad.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thinking about a SAR-1..

Comments??

Try to get your hands on one. Many have canted sights-some badly. The furniture is poor on some. Trigger slap is a problem in many due to poor US made trigger parts(you can fix this by removing a little metal from the disconnector).

I love mine. Everything lines up, its accurate for an AK. The furniture on mine was some of the best I've seen but I put a K-Var poly set on it and replaced the trigger with a Redstar group(veerrrryy nice). Replaced grip with HK style Ergo grip. By the time you do all of this, however, you could just about afford an SA-M7. But, what the hell, I like tinkering with 'em.

One final thing to say: You'd think by now that the mental midgets at Century would be able to put sights on properly. What the hell??
I'd be cautious buying anything they make sight unseen.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You can't buy a pre-ban Bulgarian, they don't exist.

What I meant, and what I think you know I meant, was that the guns from Arsenal Inc. in Nevada are some of the finest AK's period, whether you are comparing pre-ban rifles like the Hungarian and Yugoslav rifles (of which I've had one Hungarian and three Yugos) or good post ban rifles.  These Arsenal Inc. rifles beat the pre-ban stuff in fit, finish and quality hands down, you just can't put a bayonet on them and they don't have threaded muzzles.

Yes, you're right, as I am aware of: they are also my favorite. I would disagree with you on one point however, which surprises me a little considering you had one (not sure if it was a regular or folding stock preban?). While I would take a postban bulgarian over a preban Chinese (personal preference), that would not apply to the krassnar underfolder. The "fit, finish and quality" is excellent and the lighter weight preferable in an underfolder over the Chinese folders or other milled rifles, like the Postban Bulgarians.

Speaking of guns that don't exist, have you seen the $450 czech ak's (Yugo's too for that price) listed in the 22nd ed of the Blue Book of Gun Values? Those people don't know their head from their ass. *LOL*
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top