Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2002 11:49:15 AM EDT
Greetings all,

I just picked up a pre-ban XM15-E28 Bushmaster for $1050. It appears to be in good condition. Does anyone have any information about this rifle? I can't find anything on the net. Also, did I get a fair deal on it?

I wish to purchase an aftermarket grip and compensator for it. I'm looking for a comp that has maximum recoil/muzzle flip reduction. The grip I have in mind would be a cool pistol type pref. rubber. Any suggestions for a good purchase would be totally awesome.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Great Deal! These things go for $1600 and up.
Go to the Bushmaster Website. They can provide you with manuals etc. I would stay away from a compensator as you have the dreaded and desirable flash hider attached. AR's don't kick hard and I think the only reason people put comps on rifles is for the pre-ban look. I only have pre-bans but from what I hear the comps are louder than hell.

Rick
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you SURE that it is a pre ban? When things seem too good to be true, sometimes they are...

Might be the old, "Preban upper, postban lower" trick...

Not trying to rain on your parade, but it is better to find this stuff out now (While in the company of friends) than in the company of "The Man"..

mugzilla
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Very good question, Mugzilla. How can I identify that?

Eagle- Thanks for the info. I think your prolly right about the comp.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Hyper...give Bushmaster a call ask them about the serial # pre or post...website is...www.bushmaster.com for the number...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top