Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2002 8:36:48 AM EDT
I just ordered a Yugoslavian SKS supposedly in %99 condition. Can anyone tell me where the best place is to buy Mags for it and also tell me if there are mags that I should avoid.

I would also appreciate any advice/experiences you may like to share concerning this rifle. Thanks Am-O-Tramp

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Tapco has a deal going on 4 or 5 30 rounders with a bag, but I can't remember the price.  The trouble you're going to find is that since the SKS wasn't designed for a detachable mag, the one's you'll find just don't work that well.  If I ever get another SKS I'd look for a fixed 20rd Chinese mag.  They look silly, but then so does the original 10 rd one!  The 30 rounders I had were fun but unreliable.  You can load the fixed max pretty quick with strippers too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Persomally, I just use stripper clips and the 10 round standard mag with my 59/66.

www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=MAG6622&back=yes&dept=168&last=9

Couple 20 packs of these and you'll be able to blast throug all of your ammo quite quckly. Also, unlike AR strippers, these were designed to be reused and don't have little tabs to break off.

If you really want the mags here's the link to the 5-pack deal:

www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=ZMAG6609&back=yes&dept=168&last=9
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys I appreciate your help. Am-O-Tramp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top