Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 10:07:33 PM EDT
Morning and afternoon of rifle range/pistol range/trap shooting and I'm sore.  Can't really moan about these aches anywhere else.
I feel better already.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Were you shooting anything particularly abusive, or just a lot of rounds?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Wuss...   Hey, someone had to say it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Morning and afternoon of rifle range/pistol range/trap shooting and I'm sore.  Can't really moan about these aches anywhere else.
I feel better already.
Thanks.

That 10/22 getting to you, huh?  I've never shot trap with a 10/22. How did that work out?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I feel better already.
Thanks.

That 10/22 getting to you, huh?  I've never shot trap with a 10/22. How did that work out?

LMAO.  Why don't you get some subsonic .22's and a shoulder pad to help with the recoil:-)

Seriously though, my friend uses a shoulder pad every time we go shooting.  Mostly for his .308 bolt gun which is decent but not that bad, but when we go shooting we do NOT take it easy on the ammo, so I don't blame him.  I'm a skinny little puke but recoil doesn't really get to me that much, as long as I don't accidentally get the stock out of the pocket which does happen very occasionally.

Mike

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Everytime I go shoot skeets I shoot no less than 200 shells... and this is atleast twice a week.. plus 500 rounds of .223 and 150 rds. of .45acp   The 12ga. hurts for the first 10 shells but after that I don't even feel it anymore and i'm 5'10" 155 pounds..
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the sympathy, empathy, and wisecracks.  
A day later, I've got soreness in both of my trapezius muscles from swingin' that gun around.  I'm really out of shape for trap, I guess. . . what exertion!

Yes, the .22's can be really brutal, marvl.  This season, like last, I plan to hunt only with my 10/22, and shooting trap prepares me for those charging grizzly and cape buffalo "eye shots".
Goin' for the pupils only.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Morning and afternoon of rifle range/pistol range/trap shooting and I'm sore...

Pain of the best kind...
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

A day later, I've got soreness in both of my trapezius muscles from swingin' that gun around

I purposefully integrated additional shoulder and trapezius exercises into my workout for the sole purpose of being able to hold my AK in the "at-the-ready" position.  Since my AK is quite a bit heavier than my AR, I want to be able to keep it shouldered longer, with more stability; particularly when loaded with the heavy 75-round drum.  It may seem a little odd, but those AKs do get pretty heavy when held up for a while.

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top