Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 7:45:17 PM EDT
I went and did it. Cleaning my HK91, the bolt and extractor locked the bearings out. Now it's stuck, and I don't know how to disassemble and reassemble the damned thing.

HELP![>Q]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Don't panic.

2. Turn the reciever around and insert in wrong way first into the reciever.

3. Tap it down with a few swift light taps and the rollers should unlock.

4. Use a little more force if necessary.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are talking about the bolt being in the locked position, it is easy to unlock the bolt. There is a large lever on the left hand side. Need to push on the rear part of the lever and pull on the bolt foward to the unlocked position.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
1. Don't panic.

2. Turn the reciever around and insert in wrong way first into the reciever.

3. Tap it down with a few swift light taps and the rollers should unlock.

4. Use a little more force if necessary.

DON'T DO THIS!  The receiver is NOT designed to handle this stress.

Follow AR18's advice.  If need be, I'll take mine down tomorrow and give you some pointers.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Brouhaha, it always worked for me. It is also in the German Army manual as the way to do it. The HK series is pretty robust, it can take it easily. The unlocking from being fired is waaaay more forceful and it doesn't seem to bother the weapon. But why take my word? go to www.HKPRO.com and do a search. You will find many who agree with me and some who don't. The other way is to grip the lockers forcefully between index and thumb and ape them forward slowly. The reciever method is just faster and easier.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll also bend up your receiver if you do it too much.  

I'm a member of HKPRO, and have been for quite some time.  I also know that the people there with experience will tell you that your way will damage your rifle.

I can fix the bolt in about 30 seconds using the method that AR18 described.  Just turn the bolt, pull out a little, and then turn again.  It's that simple.  Why potentially do damage to a $2000 rifle just because it's the "easy" way?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You'll also bend up your receiver if you do it too much.  

Well. You got me there. No I don't recommend it as a normal action to take. It shouldn't happen more than once or twice in an HK owner's life since it is a lesson painfully learned. I stand in your wisdom's shadow on this.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Just turn the bolt head to the left, it will un-lock. Then you'll have to re-engage it with the carrier. Not a problem after the first time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top