Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2002 3:33:20 PM EDT
I've been looking and looking for a Armorer's Manual for the AR10 but, all I can find is a basic owner's manual. I need to know how to break it down to parade rest. I figure it might be similar to an AR15 but, know not for sure. Specially which way the barrel nut comes off CCW or CW. Anyone know where or if there is an Armorer's Manual like you can find for the AR15?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried Armalite themselves? Or perhaps Brownells?

Forgive me for asking, but Armalite has a lifetime warranty, why do you want to break it down to the bare frame?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#2]

The AR10 breaks down exactly the same as an AR15. Biggest difference is that the bolt and carrier are much larger. The trigger group are all the same as a normal AR15.

Edited to point out that the firing pin has a spring on it to prevent the rifle from slam firing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The reason I want to know is that I prefer to do my own work on a rifle plus, I like having the knowledge. But, no, I haven't tried Armalite or Brownell's yet but, intend to. Was hoping someone knew where I could find one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Armalite had great technical support the few times that I've called them. Giv'em a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top