Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 2:05:13 PM EDT
This is news to me...I thought they hadn't been made for years and years...I know there were some rewelds out there, as well as some very poor quality knockoffs, but Springfield?

The .308, fine, I know there are conversions out there, as well as some that I believe the Navy ordered up, but I don't know...I thought the last one came off the line a long time ago.

Take a look, let me know what you think.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4285871

Thanks!

Live Free or Die.

Vass
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of the 500 with forget Breda receivers. The rest of the 10,000 is built with cast Australian Lithgow receivers. Paid $800 for mine, looks much better than the $500 CMP ones, has a brand new barrel and stock and shoots great. If you can live with an ugly, beat up "piece of history" CMP model, go for it, otherwise get a new one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Springfield just started making them again with in the pat few months. I have one in my shop and it's selling for about $1K. Workmanship seems good, but I've not had the chance to fire one yet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Vass, Springfield is not the same Springfield that made the Garands for the military.  These are purely aftermarket Garands and the reviews on them are mixed.  Get a CMP original Garand.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my CAI Garand.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA and NAHC Member
AR15.COM Moderator of Reloading, General Firearm Discussion & Hunting Forum.
A great place to get answers to your reloading & hunting questions.
Or come and take a look at my web page at.
members.aol.com/dbrewer842/dbrewer842.html
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Get a CMP Garand for $500, then let D.G.R. repark and refinish the wood and give it the once over for another $220 or so and you've got one fine looking Garand:

You can check out Dean's Gun Restorations at:

www.dgrguns.com/index.html
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]
There really is nothing comparable to shooting a Garand!!! Just gotta love it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top