Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 8:14:04 AM EDT
Does anyone currently make a 9mm conversion for the AR15...

If so website links would be great....

Thanks A lot
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Olympic, Colt, Kurt Kustom, type 9mm AR upper into the search and stand back for you'll get lots of hits. Links are up top under Iinformation.

Welcome to the site

Mike

PS anything and everything related to your question ,where to buy used(see EE), new see links infact if you'd spent 30 minutes looking for yourself you'd find posts just this week on which mags are better to use Sten or Uzi, where to get mag-blocks, a whole plethra of info, take some time stay a while and check the site out for yourself and you'll more than see what I'm typing about, your a newbie so don't hesitate to ask, but if wouldn't hurt to spend some browsing time either.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Am I the only one who thinks "why would you want to turn your perfectly good ar15 rifle into a anemic pistol cartride"
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#3]
1911greg, it's like having another club in your bag. One lower w/ multible uppers, pistol caliber, long range 24", DDCM/CMP legal 20" or 14.5" - 16" CQB upper. All are possible and relatively quick to change from one to another.

My take on your query.

Mike  
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Because my local indoor range only allows pistol calibers.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Reason #1:  Some indoor ranges (located conveniently close to home/work) allow only pistols or pistol caliber rifles.  

Reason #2:  shooting at steel plates is fun, but unsafe if you are not using a pistol caliber.

I could go on, but that covers why I bought a 9mm upper.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks "why would you want to turn your perfectly good ar15 rifle into a anemic pistol cartride"

Isn't 9mm a little less anemic coming out of a 16" bbl?  Also, it's a new firearm without the chance of getting screwed over by the NICS check.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an unfired one for sale in the Equipment exchange
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yes,
Since I have the other configurations, Now I want
this one as well. Not to mention I try to keep within
a two or three at the most calibers, so 9mm will
fit in my collection just fine.
And if for no other reason, "Why Not ?"

I've been researching these and will get it soon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#10]
OK I see why you are going for a 9mm I don't go to indoor ranges very often so I forgot about the no rifle rule.  I like having the 223 it seems like it can do anything that I need pretty good, home defense long range. and ammo is cheap.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an Olympic Arms 9mm and I love it!  I have a SOCOM block so I can use cheap Sten mags ($4-$5 each).  It is cheap and fun to shoot.  I think I would prefer this over the .223 for home defense.  I can't imagine the flash blindness and deafness that would come from shooting a .223.  The 9mm MUCH quieter.  As loud as a pistol, and you still need hearing protection, but much better!

Just my $0.00002
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey, Red_Dragon, can you show us a picture of that Olympic rig???  I've been considering one for myself and was curious about the fit and finish of the 9mm Olympic uppers.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one of the .45 Oly uppers years ago, it's been 100% reliable, it's fun and it's quiet (especially with 230 grain's)

Don't have any pics, fit was decent with the DPMS lower, but finish was horrible. It's a stainless barrel with a thin black finish that they didn't seem to finish. It's not rub-marks, but it is possible to see the stainless "peeking" through the finish.

Also, they take an anodized upper and cut it for the ejector system. This means you have exposed aluminum, nice and shiney and silvery.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Great...

But Where do I ger a 9mm Upper and Conversion...

Who makes one?

This is the information that I need?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:17:40 AM EDT
[#15]
There are several places....The Equipment exchange....you will find Colt and Olympic Conversions offered there....You could get an Olympic from Olympic or Delton....or a Rock River Arms from RRA or Sableco.  I'm sure there are many other dealers selling them also
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:27:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey, Red_Dragon, can you show us a picture of that Olympic rig???  I've been considering one for myself and was curious about the fit and finish of the 9mm Olympic uppers.

Sorry I don't have a digital camera yet.  But I can tell you that the fit and finish is excellent!  I bought the full rifle from them, not just the upper (w/ ss bbl), and it has a better looking finish than my preban bushy (with the purplish tint).  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another gun from Olympic Arms.  If you get the 9mm, just get the SOCOM block and a bunch of Sten mags from TAPCO, and you won't be sorry!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Probably for the same reason we have .22LR conversions.  Pistol ammo is cheaper than rifle ammo in most cases.  I can get 100 rounds of brand name FMJ 9mm retail for a lot cheaper than I can get 100 rounds of 5.56, and that's even buying steel cased russian rounds.  9mm averages around $.08-$.09/rnd.

If you shoot full auto, 9mm is much easier on the budget.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#18]

It's a colt
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I think that cost difference should not be a motivator for a pistol upper.  9mm is cheap right now, 9 cents a round for good brass cased ammo; but the SA .223 battlepacks work out to just over .10 cents per round and work well.  If cost is the issue, a Kuehl Precision .22LR is the way to go.

That's not to knock pistol uppers in any way; they are cool and for indoor ranges, may be your only option.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Great...

But Where do I ger a 9mm Upper and Conversion...

Who makes one?

This is the information that I need?

Years ago Olympic Arms was the first company to make the pistol caliber AR's.  They expanded the market to making 10mm, .40S&W and .45ACP.

We have them in stock, ready to ship.  Complete gun or just upper, your choice.  We also have the .22 Ceiener conversion kit in stock for M16 or AR15's.

See www.triplebreakproducts.com/Olympic/pistol_caliber_conversions.htm for more information.

We can also help with obtaining a suppressor for their 9mm AR, the Bowers CAC9 9mm suppressor, with an adapter, works very well.  The CAC9 can also be used on an M11/9 for dual use!!!

Sincerely,
Mark Buda
Triple Break Products
[email protected]
www.TripleBreakProducts.com
(603) 424-0923
FAX: (603) 429-0479

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top