Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 6:02:38 AM EDT
I have a flattop shorty AR, with an accessory rail system up front and the removable handle. I have been toying with the idea of keeping the handle on, and moving the Eotech Holosight out to the handguard, so I can use both holosight or iron sights, without having to drop $$$ for a rear sight that I already have on the carry handle.

It looks odd, but the sights are both usable. If I use the wide aperture on the rear sights, I can use the holosight very easily. If I want the iron sights alone, I can use them through the window of the holosight.

Is this a dumb idea? I have not yet tried this arrangement out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds fesable to be, but the only way to be shure is to go to the range and try it, allot.

As if you need a reason to go shoot

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
You need this from California Comp. Works.  I am considering the same setup.

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#3]
You will not need any extra mount since you have an accessory handguard.

I have seen a couple of SEAL team guy do that.  They mount their Reflex NSN right on the forward portion of their RAS.  since RAS cinch down okay, you have a red dot with back iron that is actually your detachable handle.  I think this will work just fine for the EO tech.  What kind of handguard do you have??  becasue if it is a free float deal, the accuracy is not lost, but a handguard like RAS will degrade your long range accuracy since the RAS type handguard is not a solid mounting base.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You will not need any extra mount since you have an accessory handguard.

I have seen a couple of SEAL team guy do that.  They mount their Reflex NSN right on the forward portion of their RAS.  since RAS cinch down okay, you have a red dot with back iron that is actually your detachable handle.  I think this will work just fine for the EO tech.  What kind of handguard do you have??  becasue if it is a free float deal, the accuracy is not lost, but a handguard like RAS will degrade your long range accuracy since the RAS type handguard is not a solid mounting base.  Good luck.

I have an Oly FIRSH... it needs to be tightened up before I trust it for a scope mount (my Oly is still roley), but I'm thinking the basic premise is sound. It looks goofy, but shouldn't change my aiming point, and I have a KA vert foregrip, so the weight distribution won't be a problem either.

The whole point is to get the effect of all the funky hardware without paying extra... I have all the components, just not in a fashionable form.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#5]
The Oly Firsh is a FF unit, as long as you can tight it down, you shouldn't have any proglem.  

I actually think it looks pretty bitchen.  post some pictures when you are done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top