Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2002 3:55:36 PM EDT
Me and a friend went plinkin last weekend I probably shot 60% of the ammo he %40 we where shooting mostly my guns 4 me 1 him  well first he was shooting my smith & wesson 422 semi auto and after a few hundred rounds he gets a jam this gun has only jammed on me when I first got it and was on the first box of ammo after broken it its been flawless I shoot the gun no problems, then He is shooting my ruger 10/22 and if you know rugers if they have one thing going for them its reliability and the gun jams I don't think this weapon has ever jammed for me before!  the next jam was with my colt government model .45 and this was at the end of the day after about 300rds now the Colt .45 got me thinking that there might be some operator error involved because I remember on a other occasion a "begginer" was limp wristing and caused the jams or maybe it was a bad reload.  
So what do you think do some people just cause guns to jam more often?  and this guy isn't some small guy who can't handle recoil or anything like that he is a big guy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
everytime me and a buddy go shooting and my buddy is shooting MY guns they always jam on him.. but never jam on me.. My Ar15 hasn't jammed on me yet after over 1200 rounds even WOLF hasnt jammed.. but it jammed on him numerous times.. thank the Lord my HK USP .45 didn't jam  must be something about "them"
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold an STI IPSC gun I used for several years with incredible reliability. The new owner has had several jams. Some of this is short OAL factory loads in a 40 1911 but it ran short or long ammo great for me. It's shooter induced for the most part, no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
weird
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Your buddy is a firearm jam maganet.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]
"Limp-wristing" a pistol causes lots of jams in an otherwise functional firearm.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I can limp-wrist my Glocks and HKs, but if I limp-wrist the S&W 4006, it lets me know with an immediate stove-pipe.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Limp wristing is possible, but some people DO seem to suffer more malfunctions than others (even though they do everything right).

It's like some people just suffer more car problems than others.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:29:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Definitely.  I've had this happen with my M4gery...I've shot probably 10,000 rounds through it with the only jams coming from that shitty Barnaul Russian ammo (worse than Wolf) but there was one guy I let take a few shots with it at the range and he had four jams in 20 rounds.  I took it back from him, shot it, no jams.  I let another of our friends shoot 20 rounds through it, no jams.  I gave it back to the first guy and he had two more jams.
Some people don't go together with some guns apparently.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Limp wristing is possible, but some people DO seem to suffer more malfunctions than others (even though they do everything right).

It's like some people just suffer more car problems than others.

WARNING!...Thread drift ahead.....

Hush...my home suffers from wife-unit/computer incompatability.  All she has to do is be in the same room with a functioning processor and you have lock-up.  This is NOT a joke to her.  I know people have different capacative values that may have something to do with the effect but it's really funny to me and NOT TO HER!  It's like she can't have an email address so she'll stay away from the boxes.  She had a niece try again last night to get her a Hotmail address at her sister's house and BINGO! lock-up.

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Blame it on "bad machine karma".
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Ditto AROCK...  My wife jams the cheap but reliable (for me) P90 and 4506 every time she tries to fire them.  Neither of us have had any problems with any of the other hardware...

Bad thing is, she out shoots me...

Methinks she is just gunshy of the recoil of the .45.

Can you tell me how to do that cool "quote another post" thing???

thanks,
Tim
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]
My bet is that you let him load his own mags to shoot.  If you don't load them to the back, or tap the rounds to the back, the front tip can become snagged by friction on the front of the mag.  I see many jams in ar's this way.  The pistol this probably is limp wristing it.

WL
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah that could be part of the problem
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Can you tell me how to do that cool "quote another post" thing???

Just go to the post that you want to quote, and click on the little quotation icon in the group of icons to the right of the date on the post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top