Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2002 2:30:01 PM EDT
Lazy ass...I could find this somewhere else...but please help anyway!

I have taken apart the slide (extractor, striker, etc) several times, but never taken apart the receiver.  

I know there are a few pins that need to be removed, but what do I do then? Thanks!

PS- I already KNOW You're "Looking for a few good handgunners"
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
still looking---I thought it would be on Glock talk...but alas...
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
AGA - American Gunsmithing Association sells a great video detailing complete disassembly of a Glock, as well as how to return all 37 something pieces to their rightful positions and helpful tools needed.

$29.95

Mike
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to the handgun site anyway
and check out the Glock links in the Glock Forum.

Lower is way easy let me know if you get stuck.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey LazyA..er.. dissipator556

Try this www.glockmeister.com/trigger.html

More info here www.glockmeister.com/glockinf.html

edited to make clickable links
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
If you look at the rear part of the firing pin (the part just visible inside the slide), you'll see a sort of sleeve right where it disappears inside the slide.

Take something and push that sleeve towards the muzzle end.  While doing so, push the plastic plate on the back of the slide down.  The firing pin assembly will pop out to the rear.

Everything else is self-explanatory.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#7]
It's very simple to completly disasemble a Glock.

Step one: Field strip per instructions
Step two: Insert one half stick of Dynamite
Step three: Light fuse
Step four: wait for parts to self disasemble

See I told you it was easy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]
That's easy, just throw your first-generation (and sometimes even newer ones too) Grock about 30 feet or so, and there's a good chance it'll spontaneously disassemble itself on impact.

(One free icon for the first person to correctly identify the (kinda fixed) problem I am referring to).

Edited to add: Of course, do not do this while loaded.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#9]
bOne, could you possibly explain what in heck your talking about?

I fully understand you dislike them, just curious as to why you think throwing one would result in complete disassembly. Sure others might be interested too.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:That's easy, just throw your first-generation (and sometimes even newer ones too) Grock about 30 feet or so, and there's a good chance it'll spontaneously disassemble itself on impact.

(One free icon for the first person to correctly identify the (kinda fixed) problem I am referring to).

Edited to add: Of course, do not do this while loaded.

I assume you're referring to the failures of the early Glocks to pass the "Frisbee test".  As a result of this, the slide rails were lengthened.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#11]
ken_mays gets a free icon!

P.S. - They were lengthened, then that was found to not work either, so they were shortened again, but still longer than the original length. It's still not 100% though, I know personally. Fortunately for me it occurred while it was unloaded.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Disassembling the receiver is easy if you have the instructions (see links above), not a good idea if you don't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top