Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 11:11:35 PM EDT
I am kinda tempted to try and get one but does anyone have any good sites where they have alot of ot these C&R guns for sale so It will push me over the edge and I will just have to get the license, because of all the nice guns that can be shipped to my door.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#1]
www.southernohiogun.com/

www.aimsurplus.com/

www.centuryarms.com/

www.jldenter.com/

That'll get you started.  Remember, you get discounts at Brownells, Midway, and other places by sending a copy of your license.

There's no good reason NOT to get a C&R license if you're interested in older guns.  But beware; the money you save will be spent on your next purchase.  

Edited for speeling and grandmer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 4:40:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Greg, if you NEVER buy a C&R gun, you will still save your license fee via discounts at Brownells and Midway for license holders.

Check www.cruffler.com for basic information on how to get the license.  

Think about locking up your credit cards.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the sites really what I would use the license for is just to get a sks rifle and a few 1911 pistols anyone got a site with some cheaper 1911's?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
having a C&R is like being your own Santa 365 days/year
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered about $200 of stuff from brownells how much would have I saved if I had a C&R?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just ordered about $200 of stuff from brownells how much would have I saved if I had a C&R?

depends.. most tools are not discounted.. usually only resale type stuff.

How much stuff did you order?

if its a small list, send me a list or post it and I'll be glad to tell you what you could have saved.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
On $200, you prolly would have saved $40 or so (i.e., more than the cost of a three-year C&R license). The discount varies; on some items Brownells charges dealers full price, but on most it's 20-30%. And remember, it's not just what's in their catalog. They stock a small selection from many different manufacturers, but you can special-order products (at dealer prices) from almost any maker they represent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top