Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 11:45:04 AM EDT
Woo Hoooo !!!!!!

I was up in Utah last week on business, but ended up with some extra time to kill on Friday afternoon. So, I drove up to Ogden, UT and found Impact Guns. They have some of the best prices on UZI's around, so I wanted to look one over. To make a long story short, I put down a deposit to order a new Vector UZI, and the long process has begun !

I know it'll take a while to complete everything, but the ball is in motion !

I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER !!!

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Great choice.  Mine is sitting in my dealer's safe as we speak awaiting Form 4.  UNFORTUNATELY I parted with my money way back in December and STILL don't have my SMG.  I hope your luck is better.  I did put 1K rounds through it though when my ealer and I went out shooting and it works great.  Stick with 25-rounders as my 32s didn't work for some reason.  Funny because they did work in my Uzi semiauto I had a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Great choice.  Mine is sitting in my dealer's safe as we speak awaiting Form 4.  UNFORTUNATELY I parted with my money way back in December and STILL don't have my SMG.  I hope your luck is better.  I did put 1K rounds through it though when my ealer and I went out shooting and it works great.  Stick with 25-rounders as my 32s didn't work for some reason.  Funny because they did work in my Uzi semiauto I had a few years ago.

What dealer is doing your transfer?

I'm going thru "The Armory" in Scottsdale......
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I am about 180 miles away in Kingman.  I use D & T's Discount Firearms here in town.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the same boat as Chairborne. Well while you're waiting you can start stocking up on ammo and accessories. You need mags, .22lr and 45acp conversion kits etc. etc. Kieslers has Blazer 147gr. on sale now. I just picked up 2K rounds for $189 delivered with a free hard case. DSA has pretty decent prices on mags and accessories. Have fun.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations!!

I just dropped off my Form 4 with Sherrif Joe this morning.  Actually a few - one for the Uzi, one for a Mossad suppressor, and one for an Outback suppressor!

Let the waiting begin!

I use Gordon at Big Bore Custom as my Class III dealer.  His shop is on Bell road at about 30th St.  He also makes some of the finest .45's around.  The Armory probably isn't a bad place to use for a transfer, but the NFA weapons they have for sale are WAAAAY overpriced!  

Bill
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd recommend Skinner Manufacturing in Yuma if anybody's looking thereabouts.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Chairborne_Ranger, what kind of 32 rounders were you using?  
I use IMI 32 rounders 99% of time in both my full size and MINI IMI Uzi's and they run great.  Zero problems.  When I'm not using the IMI mags, I'm using my 9mm 72 round drum or using my .45 Grease Gun mag setup w/30 round or 50 mags.

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats, you got a great gun. The VA UZI is just the best transferable deal going - NIB with warranty, heat trated receiver, quality parts and assembly. I like mine so much I have a second one in process.

Occupy your wait time by buying mags, parts & a suppressor (I am partial to the Gemtech Mossad).

Amphibian, how do you like the VA mini-UZI? I have heard that they are made from chopped 'n channeled Group Ind. receivers - how do you find the workmanship? Do you see any reweld lines, etc?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Amphibian, I don't know who makes the mags.  My 25-rounders have a star on them.  The 32s do not, all they have is a "32" written near the lowest witness hole.

I don't think they are USA junk or anything because I have had these mags since the mid-1980s, before the junk mag thing became a big business.  Dunno why they don't work on FA when they did work on SA in my closed bolt carbine.  I would set my Uzi to semi just to test the mags that way, but what fun would that be?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Buzzgunner, both of my Uzi's are IMI conversions.  I was looking at a Vector MINI but at the time Vector was having some minor problems with them.  Rex was very helpful and informative.  I have seen the Vector MINI's up close and they did a great job cutting and rewelding.
The good thing about vector is you know what you are getting and with a warranty.  I know Uzi's really good and went through 3 different IMI's until I found one I liked.  I am very picky.  Both of my Uzi's still have the semi feed ramp so they will feed all round types - TC, HP - it doesn't matter.  Most Vectors will not feed HP rounds and I like the IMI black finish better.  It's all preference.

Chairborne_Ranger, I have friends with Vectors and they have no problems with the 32 rounders.  One of my friends strictly uses the converted 40 rounders exclusively in his Vector with perfect results.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Amphibian, I don't know who makes the mags.  My 25-rounders have a star on them.  

Chairborne_R,  25 rds mag with star on: it is IMI mag.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I definitely want the .22 LR conversion kit. The only problem is that the kit only comes with a 20 round mag. Anybody know of a place to get higher capacity mags for it?

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#13]
223-buckaroo, I heard Vector is/will be making 22LR mags from the 32 rounders instead of the 20 rounders - increasing capacity to 28 rounds.  I don't think any are for sale yet though.  Give them a call.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#14]
And what is the price on this weapon?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I got one ordered also.  I already received my mags from DSA.  They are the 25 rounders for $14.  I got ten at that price and also got the package #2.  I can't find a star of david on my mags.  On the 25's, if there is no star does that mean that they are not IMI?

Also, I am in line with ammoman waiting on 19 32 rounders for $370 delevered.

Now about that conversion kit.  I am on a budget so only one for now.  I am leaning towards the .22 kit.  What do you guys think?  And how many .22 mags do I need?

Finally, what is the best case for Vector Uzi?  
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

New Vector Arms UZIs are typically going for $2800-3000 now. Was cheaper, but as the supply dwindles, seems like prices are going up.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine was 2790.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Oops.  It was $2,790.  I know for sure they have gone up since then.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I got mine for $2849 from www.impactguns.com.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Where were you guys last January when we did a group sale here? I got mine then for $2570 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Where were you guys last January when we did a group sale here? I got mine then for $2570 shipped.

I didn't have the money then.......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top