Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2002 11:38:37 PM EDT
My wife was watching ER and this guy came in with a gunshot wound. One doctor goes to GRAB THE BULLET with his FINGERS and another one goes "no don't, this guys HIV positive" the first Doc says "so?" and the second doc goes "it's a black talon, those have razor sharp edges." Anyways thought you guys might like that.
Scott
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL! I hate that show!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:21:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I was watching NYPD Blue 2-3 weeks ago, they had a kid killed by another kid accidentally, using his NYPD father's Glock.

The kid kept saying, "the trigger was so light, not like my B-B gun, I barely touched it........"  12 lbs is a light trigger??
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:37:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I fired a PD Glock the other day with the NY trigger. Hulk Hogan would have trouble squeezing a round off with it. It was absolutely horrible.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was watching NYPD Blue 2-3 weeks ago, they had a kid killed by another kid accidentally, using his NYPD father's Glock.

The kid kept saying, "the trigger was so light, not like my B-B gun, I barely touched it........"  12 lbs is a light trigger??

And the liberal media says they don't have any agendas in their TV shows...HA!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:"it's a black talon, those have razor sharp edges."

No mention of how it spins like a circular saw @ 10,000rpm? Wonder how they missed that line?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No mention of how it spins like a circular saw @ 10,000rpm? Wonder how they missed that line?

Has anybody ever done the math on this?

rpm = revolutions per MINUTE
    fps = FEET per second

So how many revolutions does a 10,000 rpm bullet make in one second. Also, how long does it take for a bullet to go completely through a human body.

Hint: it won't make 10,000 revolutions because after a minute the bullet will traverse the body or stop altogether. It ain't going in an then spin like a top.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
just another reason not to watch. Besides it has been going downhill for years.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]

And the liberal media says they don't have any agendas in their TV shows...HA!

I really doubt that they REALLY know anything about guns at all,let alone have an "agenda".
Only someone who "knows" Glocks would know the weight of trigger pull.
AB
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
you don't think the blatent anti gun attitude on TV is part of an organized agenda do ya?

Propaganda for dollars
www.salon.com/news/feature/2000/01/14/payola/index.html

When the White House and the TV networks got together to put anti-drug messages in prime-time television, were they breaking the law?
By Daniel Forbes

Jan. 14, 2000 | Has the federal government embarked on an illegal payola scam with the nation's television networks? And has the nation's drug czar blown smoke at Congress to escape ongoing congressional oversight?

A Salon exclusive published Thursday described a hidden government campaign to insert anti-drug messages into TV programs. The arrangement was concocted by the office of the nation's drug czar, Gen. Barry R. McCaffrey, and its ad buyer and was carried out by the six networks: ABC, CBS, NBC, the WB, Fox, and, this TV season, UPN.

As disclosed Thursday, the scheme began in fiscal year 1998, when Congress appropriated nearly $200 million a year over five years for paid anti-drug advertising. But there was a catch: Congress said the networks had to give the government a two-for-one deal on the ads. Instead, the networks and government officials decided that anti-drug themes and stories in prime-time TV shows could take the place of the free ads. Ultimately, promulgating government-approved propaganda afforded the networks the opportunity to earn buckets of extra cash.

The arrangement raises legal questions. Some observers think the government may have run afoul of the nation's anti-payola regulations. Payola entered public consciousness during the 1950s, when rock 'n' roll impresarios were convicted of bribery for paying DJs and radio stations to play specific records.

The payola laws that followed require broadcasters to reveal any financial considerations, direct or indirect, that yield on-air exposure. Today, in the arrangement uncovered by Salon, the networks are earning millions in financial incentives from the government in exchange for inserting anti-drug plots in TV shows.

Is the practice illegal? Perhaps.

continues...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Talk about the need for 'good' technical advisors.....

But then again.... telling the truth wouldn't be as dramatic.....

BT have sharp endges.... so does every other hollow point when it opens...

Glock w/ a light trigger.... not in the PD (so I was told).  Factory is about 5lbs.....
By old BB gun is lighter then that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top