Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2002 7:43:36 PM EDT
What can I say about this gun? I take it right out of the box, load her up, line up the sights and *bam* x10 times and I have a target with a ragged hole in the center...so I don't even feel I have to practice with the thing! Can you say "PERFECTION"...
By the way, I had always wanted to go to the Glock .45 (I had a lovable Glock in 9mm but wanted more oomph)but was dissapointed when I rented one at a range: the grip was uncomfortably large in circumferance, and was roundish in shape, so I didn't feel that it had a natural pointing feel (subjective I know, but my hands are between medium and large). The folks at HK got round this by using steel magazines, so the grip is smaller. I dreamed of the SOCOM, activly considered the Tactical, but finally went with the regular USP, and am glad I did. I know the Tactical is supposed to be more accurate, but why bother when you still get a consistent ragged hole in the x, for several hundered dollars less!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Aren't USP's the nuts??  Col. Chuck Santose and I discovered USP's on another board (the now deceased Compuserve Firearms Forum) about four years ago.  At the time we both were fascinated with the Beretta 8045 Cougar.  I stumbled on my HK shortly after he got his and we were both pleasantly surprised at the USP's accuracy.  Chuck dumped his 8045 but I held on to mine for no good reason except I have a Mitch Rosen holster and mag carrier for it.  You have a very nice pistol.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Why, thank you, Arock! The board is very polite today!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Some guys must have all the luck.                                    

The hammer rebound spring on my 1994 USP 9mm is broken again.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Aren't USP's the nuts??  Col. Chuck Santose and I discovered USP's on another board (the now deceased Compuserve Firearms Forum) about four years ago.  

If you don't mind me asking, who were you over on CS?

FWIW, I practically begged Chuck to get that USP!  >gg<
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know the Tactical is supposed to be more accurate, but why bother when you still get a consistent ragged hole in the x, for several hundered dollars less!

Yeah well, my ragged hole is farther away than your ragged hole.  :)  Seriously, the Tac is way expensive but I gotta have the match trigger and adjustable sights, might as well get the cool barrel too.

This is a ten round group at 20 yards, from a bench.  And me shooting of course.  Yes, the peanut gallery can photoshop me if they want, I don't care!

Oh yeah, this gun hiccuped on me one time in the first 1200 rounds I put through it.  I was mad, it failed to extract and failed to eject.  Oh yeah, I had failed to put a powder charge in the casing when handloading the rounds, and the result was a bullet that didn't quite leave the chamber.  Oops.  But if the round actually has powder in it, these guns are absolutely reliable every time, which they better be for what you pay...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I just love it too!!!!

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I traded my USP for a Kimber.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I love it so much I bought 3 and a Mark 23.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:21:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Aren't USP's the nuts??  Col. Chuck Santose and I discovered USP's on another board (the now deceased Compuserve Firearms Forum) about four years ago.  

If you don't mind me asking, who were you over on CS?

FWIW, I practically begged Chuck to get that USP!  >gg<

Hi Bob, I remember your name well.  You were also highly regarded at CSFF.  It was not that long ago but it seems far away when AOL took over and closed it down for the loyal members there.  We were a pretty tight group.  I wonder if I'd have found this place if it weren't for AOL??...

I remember you encouraging the Colonel to get the USP .45 Compact!!  He was amazed at how well it shot.  Like him I found the Beretta more comfortable to hold in my hand but there is no denying the HK is a better shooter.  And like everything else the Colonel expects results not window dressing.  And CLP is still his middle name.

Bob, I'm trying to remember what name I used there.  May have used my regular name like most folks did.  I'll try to get the cranium functioning after some caffeine ingestion and email you the result.

Hadn't thought about CSFF days for a while.  For such a simple place we had a lot of fun there.  I was really distressed and empty when that forum shut down.  Like many of the old crew I searched for months for a place to go.  I stayed in touch with some of the guys as we looked for a place for us to go as a group.  Tried TFL, Shooters and many more before AR15.com.  I really worried about some of the guys who struggled to find a new home.  Even today I wonder if some of them are here and like me we took on different names to protect the guilty.

Good hearing from you.  I always smile every time I see your name.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:03:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Almost every time I go to the range someone new wants to fondle my USP.45  

I get more questions and positive comments about it than any other gun I own.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:47:04 AM EDT
[#12]
When you care enough to send the very best!!

After reading this I had to go and do a 100 dry fire runs with my USP45.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Also have 2. .45 full sive and a .40 Compact. I absolutely love these guns.Can say much more that hasen't been said already.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I concur, USP's are the best....
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Agreed

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Love my USP too, but havent found a good holster for it?  Anyone have suggestions?  How about some of the tac-leg holsters out there, they seem like they would work well for such a large auto?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I love my USP Compact. I got it in 357 SIG. One of my brothers has the .45 Tactical, and a buddy of mine has the .45 Full Size. We all have been very happy with them. I would like to pickup a .40 barrel for mine that way I can shoot a little cheeper and more aviable ammo if I wanted to, but that's a little bit further down the line.

If the images don't load, it's because of geocities!!!

Diesel
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey Tuukka,

Is that the isidious, non-existant, you-would-tell-me-but-then-you'd-have-to-kill-me USP high-cap magazine in your picture?

Later!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Mine's dressed for work not play.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#20]
First handgun I ever bought was my USP .40c.  I don't think I could've done any better, except maybe to buy a fullsize...and now I'm eyeballing an Expert.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Yes HK USP's are the best. Period.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, since we're playing show-n-tell

LL
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Great stuff! I like a lot of handguns, and dont have a lot of bias against any good handgun, but I do have a bias towards the USP 45f. Hands down my prefference for a all purpose handgun!

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Gentlemen, I'm glad to hear that you all love the USP 45 so well, as I am getting ready to order the Tactical in about 2 weeks or so. The out-of-state dealer I called is sold out until the end of the month. My cousin has the regular USP .45 and enjoys it enough to have started going to pistol matches recently.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#25]
not meant as a flame but,

everyone i know that has owned one has sold it not long afterwards. I've shot them and yes they are nice.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Beer slayer,
please direct anyone with a USP for sale over here. It is clearly their loss. My experience is far different from yours. No one I know with a USP (at least a dozen people) has sold it. Well, I did sell my compact USP for a full size
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I love MY HKs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hey Tuukka,

Is that the isidious, non-existant, you-would-tell-me-but-then-you'd-have-to-kill-me USP high-cap magazine in your picture?

Later!

It´s an 18 round USP Expert mag, and i dont have to kill you since i dont think even the BATF can affect the laws here in Finland
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#29]
HK USP 45's are very impressive.  I bought mine around 4 years ago.  It shot out of the box better than my custom 1911.  One ragged hole.  For the money, I don't think you can get a better SHTF, rock solid pistol.  The mags are a bit pricey though.  With the 12 rnd preban mags going for $85 - $100, the 10 rnd post ban seem like a better deal.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I only know one guy who sold his H&K, but I know a lot of guys who sell their 1911's to upgrade. I guess the H&K is already the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top