Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2002 9:36:39 PM EDT
I have a professor who has been debating about getting an AK-47 for about a year and he has finally decided to get one.  He does not know much about the current models avalible.  I am going to tell him to get a SAR-1 (because he wants 7.62X39), but I don't know who has the best prices.  So what do yall know about the current price range and avaliblity?  Does AIM Surplus or SOG have any specials?  I need the info by Sunday night.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I also need cheap 30 round steel mags.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
J&G has them for under $300, if you want to do the transfer.  They also have very nice steel magazines.  My friend bought all of his stuff for his SAR-1 there and has been very pleased.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 1:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]
aimsurplus is a very nice group to work with, and they have nice prices on mags and ammo as well. I doubt Campy would steer you to SOG over Aim. Course, handpicks at a local show are my favorite.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:54:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Do NOT go with SOG unless you want a reworked WASR-10. My local dealer just ordered a SAR-1 from them for a guy. It arrived a couple of days ago and turned out to be a WASR-10 that was converted to accept high-capacity mags. He said the conversion was done poorly and sent it back to SOG. Make sure that the place your professor gets one from specifies that it says "SAR-1" right on the receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top