Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2002 9:07:56 PM EDT
I was at the range this morning  and Finally found some ammo my mini would group with.(SA)
All I had ever fed it was the Wolf. Terrible groups. About 2 in at 100 yds with the SA.

I had just fired my first ten round group and was gloating with the results. My next string Started walking, completely off the paper. I Noticed My Scope was loose.
How the hell did that happen? I am know as "MISTER TWIST OFF". I have a tendancy to get things way too tight. So there was no question  about the secureness of my rings. They were TIGHT.
I guess the action of this weapon is not scope friendly because the screws on the rings were completely backed out.
I figured what the heck, I didn't need the scope on her anyway and had been meaning to take it off. Havent shot the mini in quite some time.
I went on to shoot several moore mags, just being amazed at how the little rifle was performing.
Next thing I know, the flimsly "Flip up Sight" hit me in the face.

I NEED HELP! I have heard of After Market rear sights for the Ranch Rifle. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
www.ashleyoutdoors.com/

Ashley makes a great replacment ghost ring for the mini-14/30 series of rifles.

second sight from the right is the ranch rifle sight

http://www.ashleyoutdoors.com/groupimages/RRUGER.jpg
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out www.deltaforce.com. They  have a peep rear site reminiscent of the ones found on M1's and the M-14's. They also have tons of other good Mini accessories there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Step one: Sell rifle to someone else.

Step two: Buy a Bushmaster.

Problem solved
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Williams sight Co. makes a sight specifically for the Mini-14 Ranch. I think it costs about $30 at Natchez Shooting Supplies.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 1:54:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:09:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:51:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Westicle,  do you have the AO sights for the Mini-14 ranch from Ashley Outdoors? I'm looking for new rear sights myself for my Ranch rifle and they look like they would work well.
Do you need to replace the stock Ruger front sight also?

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a set of the front and rear... but am not to sure if both are needed.

haven't recieved them yet due to the US State Dept calling anything that attaches to a firearm a "firearm" and requiring an export permit for it. Been 10 weeks but I hope they are here before christmas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top