Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2002 7:59:26 PM EDT

I went up to the mountains to play with my new AK in an un-regulated environment today.

Someone taught me how to do the bump with it, and all I can say is WOW!!! Not as much fun as , but pretty damn close!

I HAVE to move to a class III state so I can own a real AK47, or M16.

I have never bump fired my AR, because I never wanted to damage my beloved black rifle. I don't however have any problems with burning out the barrel on my ugly little Romanian.

I was giggling like a little kid after dumping a 40 round mag in a second and a half!

It also does fairly well (for it not being an AR-15) at aimed fire.

Just thought I'd share.

Cheers,
Chris

Here is a pic of the new addition:

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Where can I get one of those & how much will it cost me ???

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I would also like one of those!  Excuse my ignorance but can u explain 'bump fire' to me??
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
In bump firing one allows the recoil of the rifle to bump the rifle backwards against a thumb or finger. The result is the ability to empty the rifle in less than a second.

The bump works with the M1 Garand, M1A, FAL, Mini-14, AR ...
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Cnatra,

That is a $300.00 Romanian WASR-10. These were manufactured as single-stack AKs, but Century mills them out to accept normal AK mags. They are essentially the same as as the Romanian SAR-1s on the market now. I installed a K-VAR US made polymer stock (around $90.00), a Red Star Arms adjustable fire control group ($80.00 think Jewell trigger for the AK), and a Mojo peep sight ($35.00).

This is a very fun gun. The receiver is pretty rough, as is the finish, but it is very reliable.

MBSK01,

Bumping is where you kind of use the recoil of the rifle to actuate the trigger simulating full-auto fire. Here is a site that describes it...

linx310.nothingbutguns.com/bump.htm

(image from Linx' Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles site)

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#5]
ohhhhh, ok. thx for the info, i appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That is a $300.00 Romanian WASR-10. These were manufactured as single-stack AKs, but Century mills them out to accept normal AK mags. They are essentially the same as as the Romanian SAR-1s on the market now. I installed a K-VAR US made polymer stock (around $90.00), a Red Star Arms adjustable fire control group ($80.00 think Jewell trigger for the AK), and a Mojo peep sight ($35.00).
Chris

I like the look of the furniture. NICE
So where can I find a SAR-1 ??
Any dealers on the web ??
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah... www.aimsurplus.com/
has them for a little over $300.00 I think. The Sar-1 is manufactured for standard mags, so they won't have ugly milling marks.

You may want to find a local dealer that has them though... Some rifles are being imported with canted front sight bases. I don't think Century's  customer service is as good as Bushmaster's when it comes to that particular problem.

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In bump firing one allows the recoil of the rifle to bump the rifle backwards against a thumb or finger. The result is the ability to empty the rifle in less than a second.

The bump works with the M1 Garand, M1A, FAL, Mini-14, AR ...

Amazing, but, True!
I know, 'cuz I seen it!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]
After viewing that image of the guy Bump Firing from the hip..I wonder if a more controlled bump firing from the shoulder can be more easily facillitated by using a shortened AK Butt Stock..attaching 2 - 3 weak springs to a flat piece of wood or plastic with would then be placed against the shoulder.

Sort of like a "shock absorber"...that way you can use the sights.

I can already make my M1A "double" from the shoulder without any such device..but it is probably easier to do than the AK since the M1A has a greater recoil impulse.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I learned how to do the bump at ETH's last farm shoot out. Thanks to TheRedGoat.
Its a blast.

The poor mans full auto.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Now you need to get the 75 dollar Romanian Drum to go with the WASR/SAR and the bump fireing
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#12]
THANKS for all the info.!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top