Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2002 7:16:57 PM EDT
I just picked up my new Fab-10 lower today. *grins* Looks nice, I can get pictures if anyone wants them btw...

Anyway, I need a bit of help picking an upper for the rifle. I've been looking at a Bushmaster heavy barrel AK upper. My first question is...are muzzle breaks legal in the PRK? Second, is this particular one legal? Third, anyone know exactly how long this upper is, I have a Bushmaster permanently extended telescoping buttstock already, I'm not sure if this pushes the rifle over 30 inches though. Lastly, anyone had any experience with an upper like this? are they any good? Thanks for the help.

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/post-ban/pura2b14ak.asp

That's the upper.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just picked up my new Fab-10 lower today. *grins* Looks nice, I can get pictures if anyone wants them btw...

Anyway, I need a bit of help picking an upper for the rifle. I've been looking at a Bushmaster heavy barrel AK upper. My first question is...are muzzle breaks legal in the PRK? Second, is this particular one legal? Third, anyone know exactly how long this upper is, I have a Bushmaster permanently extended telescoping buttstock already, I'm not sure if this pushes the rifle over 30 inches though. Lastly, anyone had any experience with an upper like this? are they any good? Thanks for the help.

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/post-ban/pura2b14ak.asp

That's the upper.

I have such an upper I'm looking to sell. I haven't posted in the EE because I'm not motivated and want to fish around to see what kind of price I can get. It has had about 400 rounds put through it so far (maybe some more tomorrow depending on the weather!)

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
AHHHH AC_fs7...this is a veryy touchy and questionable grey area...

Yea..muzzle brakes are fine and legal..that u do not have to worry about..

Heres the good news..
you CAN have a collapsible stock on that fab 10...why? because its a FIXED magazine...and because its a fixed magazine that sb-23 doesnt apply...since there is no detachable magazine to make it evil in the first place. Thus, go ahead with the collapsible stock..i have one! (ill put up some pics when im not as lazy)
And in fact, i went the whole nine and threw on a pre ban upper with a flash hider. I figure since evil parts count doesnt matter anymore, I'm good to go. But yea, if you have a ak muzzle brake and a fixed collapsible...ur def legal. Happy hunting.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yea, if that stock is fixed open, and you have a 16 inch barrel..you make the 30 inch mark... barely. If you want to be super safe and you got the money to blow, you can buy a pad that sticks onto the end of the butt stock. Def makes it like 31 inches or something.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Heck, use all the "evil" features, as you earned them by being forced to use the fixed mag.

A fellow AR-15.COM member out there in California with you has one in pre-ban configuration. It has a telestock and 14.5" barrel with permanently-attached Phantom. He says it is over 30" with the stock closed. Photos and posts are located at this link:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=123580
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top