Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2002 9:00:58 AM EDT
I should probably post this on the FAL files, but thought I would check answers from here first. I own a CAI L1A1, with the thumbhole stock. What I would really like to do is get a shorter barrel and get a pistol grip. I believe by doing this with all american parts from say DSA it will be legal. My real question is as to how this will be too build. Hence taking apart the rifle I have now and then adding on the new barrel, gas system and so forth. Has anyone done this and/or built there own from scratch. I figure I all ready have the upper, so why not build onto the thing what I want. Or would it just be cheaper in the long run to sell this rifle and buy another? Thanks, Eric
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#1]
My advise is to buy the complete front end (gas system, front sight block, piston, etc...), you may need a different size washer in order to time the barrel. I am not sure what your lower is like with the thumb hole stock removed but you may need a couple parts for your pistol grip. if you do not have the proper tools and head space gauges you could ruin the receiver.properly installing the barrel is the most critical part of FAL building. Some go together easy as pie and some need a lot of skill.
my $.02.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#2]
ohh, did I forget the correct size locking shoulder?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top