Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2002 7:29:28 PM EDT
I have been lusting for a decent O/U shotgun forever, and I hate the looks of the cheap Russian ones and also missed out on a NIB Sarsilmaz (the are nice) a year ago for $400.  A couple months ago at a funshow, an older gentleman had a table set up and had what he described as a "Remington-Zoli" 12ga O/U.  I bought it for $350.  It is in NRA very good, a couple scratched on the stock but not deep.  Has nice blueing, 26" barrels, Full/Mod choked, engraved nickel plated sideplates, a gold colored trigger, tang mounted safety, is NOT auto-eject.  Has somewhat plain walnut stocks with what appears to be hand cut checkering.  The plastic buttplate has a bow and arrow logo with the words Antonio Zoli as the arrow.  On the barrel it's stamped in small letters "A.Zoli".  There is an import mark on the breech under the forearm and a few proofmarks, but nowhere does it say Remington on it!

The stock does not have quite enough drop for me (I am 6'2" with a long neck) but I can hit with it pretty good.  It's much nicer than the russian guns and I REALLY like it.  However, I am not really too knowledgable about shotguns.  Any info you guys would have about this gun or manufacturer would be really cool to hear about....when were they imported?  Are they still?  Approximate value?  Retail cost?  Any other info?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you list the discriptions?  
Thanks Aimless!

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Aimless, I am holding the shotgun in my hands right now.  The lettering on the butplate is without a doubt Antonio Zoli.  The import stamp is Cape Outfitters, Cape Gireard MO.  ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Cape Outfitters runs ad's in SGN's. You might give them a call, should be able to answer a lot of questions...

573-335-8693

www.capeoutfitters.com/

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Aimless, NO ejectors.  It just lifts the shells a bit when you open the action, you have to remove the shells by hand.  

Coin finish sounds like the sideplates I have...same as nickel plating right?

The barrels are 26" for sure.....I wanted 26" and held out for them because they swing faster for me in the marsh.

Barrels have vents in between them.  

It doesn't appear that this shotgun was very popular, I was hoping to get a feel for if this was considered a decent gun.  Of course, I like it, and that's what counts.  

If it was only made for a couple of years, perhaps I should hang it up?  My hunting guns tend to get a lot of finish wear.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 12:34:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw the ad for these shotguns a long while ago (at least 4 years) in Shotgun News.

You got the basic model they were advertising--Extractors instead of Ejectors, Fixed chokes.  I think even the basic model had Single Triggers (is it selective or not?).

I seem to recall that they were priced pretty well for an O/U at the time--I (very vaguely) recall that prices were from $375ish to $500ish depending on trigger/ejector/choke options.  They (Cape Outfitters) said the retail on them was about $300 higher than they were selling them.  Cape does seem to have good prices on some stuff when I notice their ads.  

I had a "no name" O/U Italian shotgun (sold to my brother), and it was as nice as the Berettas of the same age I looked at--the Italians made good stuff, even in the smaller shops.  It should do you fine--will make a nice field gun, and the extractors are not necessarily a problem--some guys like them.

AFARR
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#9]
AFARR is has single trigger, non-selective.  It is really light, and small compared to some 12ga O/U guns I have handled.  Wally world is carrying Fousti O/U guns and they are pretty nice, bu they are 28" and also built thicker/heavier in the frame.  They are also over $500.
I am happy with this thing.  Very sporty handling, and looks pretty nice.  For $350 sounds like I did pretty good.  Kewl!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top