Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2002 7:01:26 PM EDT
A few months ago I was in here asking if anyone knew anything about the Walther P99, got several reply's (all Good) ,so I went and bought one...Got to say it is one of the most accurate,smooth operating pistols i own...
Whoever you guy's were,,,,Thanks alot.....
Nailer...........
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you get the .40 like you said earlier? Does the trigger guard bump irritate you like it does me?  >gg<
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I've narrowed my choices for my first pistol purchase  down to Walther P99, SA-XD or a Glock is there any compelling reaseon not to go with the Walther.  I'm kind of leaning that way and intend to use it for home defense and IPSC events.   thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]

I had a Walther P99QA that caused me a problem. It was the best pistol I ever had to trade away. Very accurate and reliable. 16rd mags were cool too.

The problem I had was hitting the slide stop with my right thumb. I tried different grip inserts and different holds but every other mag I would hit that damn slide stop. I use the regular two hand hold FYI and no, not the cup and saucer crap. I had several buddies and range instructors watch me. They all said I looked fine and always had good tight groups out to the 15yd line.

I wound up trading it in on a Hk USP 9. Of course I am extremely happy with it but I do miss the 99. I also have a Glock 19 that is just as reliable as the HK but not as accurate.

It could easily be said that the problem was not with the P99's design but with operator error.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on the P99. I carry my P99/40 everywhere I go. It has never let me down. You will really enjoy this gun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A few months ago I was in here asking if anyone knew anything about the Walther P99, got several reply's (all Good) ,so I went and bought one...Got to say it is one of the most accurate,smooth operating pistols i own...
Whoever you guy's were,,,,Thanks alot.....
Nailer...........

I love mine also. I shoot awesome with it. I debated on one for over 6months and bought one after the prices dropped considerably. It has been recently favored for carry over my ultra compact.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The problem I had was hitting the slide stop with my right thumb.

I had the problem also. It was my only gripe. I consciencely fixed the problem and it has not accured the last few times to the range. Gotta rest your thumb on top your right hand on not against the frame. I say Walther still needs to move it ahead.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]
glad we were able to help, i love my P99QA .40. only wish they also made a .45 model.
happy shootin!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:49:29 PM EDT
[#8]
OT: For P99 owners. I think Walther makes a pellet gun that looks exactly like the real P99. I have one of those, in the hand, it feels just like the real thing. Takes one of those CO2 cartridges that you can get at any sporting goods store.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did you get the .40 like you said earlier? Does the trigger guard bump irritate you like it does me?  >gg<

I Dont have that propblem with mine, I did decide on the .40 only because i own several nines.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've narrowed my choices for my first pistol purchase  down to Walther P99, SA-XD or a Glock is there any compelling reaseon not to go with the Walther.  I'm kind of leaning that way and intend to use it for home defense and IPSC events.   thanks in advance

None what so ever !,i own a glock 19 and a glock 26,it's hard to explain why the Walther is my choice,but you have to shoot one to see it for yourself !not knocking Glock,i also feel safe carrying these pistols also
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I had a Walther P99QA that caused me a problem. It was the best pistol I ever had to trade away. Very accurate and reliable. 16rd mags were cool too.

The problem I had was hitting the slide stop with my right thumb. I tried different grip inserts and different holds but every other mag I would hit that damn slide stop. I use the regular two hand hold FYI and no, not the cup and saucer crap. I had several buddies and range instructors watch me. They all said I looked fine and always had good tight groups out to the 15yd line.

I wound up trading it in on a Hk USP 9. Of course I am extremely happy with it but I do miss the 99. I also have a Glock 19 that is just as reliable as the HK but not as accurate.

It could easily be said that the problem was not with the P99's design but with operator error.

sorry to hear that,i am not having that problem,but if you were not comfortable with it,no since in keeping it,,,
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:02:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congrats on the P99. I carry my P99/40 everywhere I go. It has never let me down. You will really enjoy this gun.

I only got around 400 rounds thru mine right now, but, from shot one thru 400,this gun is holding one helluva group ,,i never changed anything,either the grips or sights..right out of the box is was smacking the 10x at 75 feet..
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I have the one with the green frame, 9mm. I bought a mitch rosen ARG rig to conceal it with and I carry it all the time now.

16 rnd mags are expensive though
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I will pick up my new P99 in a couple of weeks(9mm) mine was $489, what kind of price did you get on yours?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#15]
mine is in a 40 S&W,so i only got the 12 round mags...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I will pick up my new P99 in a couple of weeks(9mm) mine was $489, what kind of price did you get on yours?

i paid i little more than that,i paid around $520.oo for mine but then again i've had it for about 9 months now...i have noticed that the price is dropping somewhat...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
glad we were able to help, i love my P99QA .40. only wish they also made a .45 model.
happy shootin!!!

that would be nice, if it preformed as well as the .40 does it would be my next pistol..right now, i have two 45.'s a colt and a sig...i feel very confident with my p99, I carry hydra-shok 165 grains in it right now,from what i heard and read,,they (165 grain) are about the best grain to cary in a 40
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought my green framed P99/.40 about a year or so ago (about the same time the p99 "limited super special collectors edition" first came out in press) and I paid I think in the $525 ballpark for it factory new in the case with all the goodies and two 10 round mags.

I just love the gun, though. All the things I used to hate about Glocks this little guy does right. From the adjustable sights and handgrip to the decocker and "knock back" single/double action trigger, to that little red hammer marker. I'd advise anyone who is interested in a "combat tupperware" but hates the feel of Glocks to give one of these a try.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#19]
What IWB holster have you gentlemen found for the P-99 ?

Thanks...

Ted...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top