Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2002 12:55:23 PM EDT
I'm having failure to extract problems with one of my carbine uppers. I've tried multiple bolts and the problem persists.

Four different types of ammo:

Barnul 62 gr steel case -- No Problems
XM193 -- No problems
M855 -- No problems
South African  -- FTEs after every few rounds

Different magazines make no difference. The same lot of SA runs fine in a couple other guns.

Any ideas?

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
All the problems point to a rough/sticky chamber, IMO. Try to find some way of having a detailed inspection of the chamber. I'm betting there's some areas needing polishing.  My .02
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with BobCole...  If you have a chamber brush try using it every few rounds..  If that solves it, your chamber needs polishing...
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I agree with BobCole...  If you have a chamber brush try using it every few rounds..  If that solves it, your chamber needs polishing...

How do you polish a chamber?

medcop
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#4]
How do you polish a chamber?

medcop

I used a cleaning rod in a drill with 600 grit wet paper then jewlers rouge on a swab attachment in the same drill..  Be careful not to exert any pressure on the sholder area...  Better yet take it to a smith or send it back to the mfgr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top