Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2002 8:12:08 AM EDT
The Winchester Gun show is in Cody, WY this weekend, and since it's father's Day, I get to go!  My question is can I CCW at a gun show.  Last year I distinctly remember an officer at the door checking all guns, and putting a quick tie on all the actions. So, if I have a CCW, can I carry concealed at the show, or do I need to leave it at home?

edited to add,,,never mind....it's at the highschool gym.  No CCW at schools. WY state law.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't say about WY, but in Texas ya have to unload weapon and leave mag/ammo in vehicle as gun shows are a no CCW area and maked as such at entry doors. They check and zip-tie your weapon and hand it back to ya.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Here in AZ they check your weapon, remove the magazine and ty-wrap the action before they let you in. You are allowed to keep the mag with you. Gun shows are the safest place to go-I wouldn't worry too much about having INSTANT access to my pistol, and besides, a quick swipe with the knife, insert mag, and I'm ready to start serving customers if need be. If they won't let you take the mag in with you, wait until you get inside, buy some ammo and a spare mag, and you're back in action.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
NO!!!!!!!!  NO LOADED weapons at a gunshow!!! Carry right up to the parking lot & then unload before you get out of the car.

As an aside, the ONLY AD's I've ever heard of at the local or huge assed OK guns shows were from a DEALER!!!!  The offending individuals were immediately packed-up & not invited back.  >gg<
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
How did they swing a gunshow in a school? I think that would get people arrested just for suggesting such a thing in other states.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I try not to go places that demand I not carry.
I think that it's better to have it than leave it in the car.
I've never wanted to return to my vehicle to find someone waiting for my with my own pistol.
Even if you break it down and go in with part it, that's better than leaving it in the car "whole".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top