Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2002 6:53:13 AM EDT
I have a Remington 300 mag.

Anyone have experience with the QRW mounts and rings --- are they stable?

I am not willing to spend the money on the Mark 4 mounts/rings at this time.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not used the QRW mount yet.  My favorite Leupold mount is the dual dovetail and sometimes I'll use the dual dovetail with a reversed front mount with Leupold rings on my Rem 700's.  338 and 300 Ultra have not lost their zero's and seem to hold up very well.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Sleepy.....what is the reversed front mount...what is the advantage of using it?

THanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#3]
HiCap-
The QRW's will definitely withstand the recoil of the 300 mag.  Make sure you get the newer style that has the silver squared off block on the underside rather than the old style that has the round bolt.  

The Dual Dovetails are a great way to go if you want a permanent mount, but I assume you are wanting a quick release system.  I personally put QR's on my 300 Ultra, 375 H&H, 300 WSM, etc.  The QR's are a great option and very quick.  

The reversible front base allows for more movement for eye relief.  Especially helpful when you have a short maintube scope such as most 50mm scopes.

Anyway, hope this helps you!

Brett
Leupold
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top