Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2002 2:23:03 AM EDT
Is it legal to own a Uzi Pistol-NOT carbine in New York? I have not seen any for sale too NY.
Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 2:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#2]
mini uzi is a carbine, different than the uzi pistol...  I had no problem in Suffolk getting anything put on my permit... I guess it could vary by jurisdiction...
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#3]
you say "full size" pistol. as far as i knew, no such weapon existed. full size uzis were imoported as rifle, and once a rifle, it can not be changed to pistol. furthermore, a full size uzi pistol if made in america by one of the companies that does post uzis(vector) it would have a forward gripping surface, and be over the weight limit, therefore, in violation of the crime bill. im going to go out on a limb and say no such weapon exists.

editied to add. theroeticly, a full size uzi pistol could have legally been made my IMI before the import ban, and it would now be preban. im sure this was not done since the micro uzi type weapons were better canadates to be pistols.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a UZI Pistol on my Erie County permit back around 90-91 I think it was. Had a UZI SBR on my permit also. Still have permot, though I have not lived in NY state for 10 yr now, MAC 10-45 semi and UZI SBR still typed on rear of permit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top